Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
Sure enough, John, I don't see a model designator on the receiver, either! Lots of odd things about the entire rifle. Does it look to anyone else in the photos that the rear action screw hole has been drilled clear through, like a Remington 03? And does the "Hatcher Hole" look like it should be on a much, much later rifle? Besides the obvious damage to the RSFB, it looks to me like the rear sight assembly is an Oneida piece. I've been way off before, and I just took a handful of meds, but it's an odd one for certain!
Hey Daddy o' Seven!

I agree with chuckindenver. Those are some good meds you're taking! The rear receiver screw hole does indeed appear drilled thru and the receiver appears to exhibit other characteristics of a Remington receiver. The rear sight is a pre-WWI Springfield Armory rear sight. But you are correct that the drift slide assembly was made by Oneida Limited. I also note that something appears amiss around the ejector pin, but I can't tell what.

I was pleased to read that yo' state joined Utah in passing a college campus right-to-carry law. Please convey my regards to your family!

J.B.