Just a word of caution to you who cast your own bullets. This subject may have come up before but if so I'm not aware of it. Many years ago I was melting some old tire weights in my electric Lee Production Pot. All was going well and I had melted quite a few weights and cast a bunch of bullets. I ran out of weights that had been stored inside my workshop so I went outside and gathered some from a 5 gal. bucket. The weights appeared to be dry but low and behold they harbored some moisture. When I put a couple into the nearly full pot of molted lead the moisture flashed off with a "boom" and emptied the pot on the 8' ceiling. Of course from there it splattered and went everywhere else. Somehow I didn't get burned. So, even though these things looked dry some moisture was present in the dust or oxidation on the lead. Obviously it doesn't take much so be careful. From that day forth I have used only lead stored inside and spread out where I know w/o a doubt it is dry. Another good reason to wear safety glasses too.