Threaded View

Default Stock Identification?

Over the weekend I purchased 3 stocks from an old fellow that didn't want them in his closet anymore. I have identified two of them but I am not sure of the top stock. None of the stocks have the 03A3 cut.

The top stock is a high side stock that has a series of cartouches. It has a script P and no other proof marks. The other cartouches are hard to make out. It appears to have a small boxed RA-P, an A. A. J. large boxed and then a cartouche that is small under them that appears to start with a J .. maybe an S and then maybe a D or B. cannot tell for sure. The end is marked with a small S under a large script 5. There is a small F or E in the cutoff. Is the J cartouche the original cartouche or is that a rebuild mark too? What era rifle would this have been on originally? SA 1910-1918?

Handguard. Not sure what date, assume it is a replacement but it is pretty crude. Ideas?

The middle stock has an ord wheel and open box RLB. It has a boxed AAH0 and AAH1 rebuild cartouche. It has a small circled P proof as well as two boxed P proofs. I suspect this would be correct on a RA 1903 3.1million rifle prior to the boxed FJA. Looks like there may be an ord bomb on the end.

The bottom stock is marked with an ord wheel and boxed FJA (Late Rem 03, 3.2Mil range?). It has a small circle P proof. The end has an ord bomb. It also has a small cut out for the bolt handle that appears to be done during rebuild. It also has a Box RIA/FK. In front of the trigger guard cut out is a circled 5 and 11 over boxed 5 and 3. The last two numbers could be a 6 and an 8 but I think they are 5 and a 3.

Any help on the first stock would be appreciated as well as the bottom two.

Regards,
    CC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CPC; 09-21-2013 at 02:20.