Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mossy Guest

Hi Guys,
    This is my first post as I just found your site. It's a good site. I hope to contribute some of the things I've learned as well as learn new things. I currently collect Milsurps with a focus on the U.S. and ETO artifacts and weapons. The armband above is a nice example of a 3 piece band.

When I was a kid I had a lot of WWII vets in our neighborhood. By the time I was about 12 all their wives were getting tired of dusting the stuff that they had brought back from the war and they started giving it to me. I'd just be walking down the street and someone would yell, "Hey Bobby, come over here and you can have this!" By the time I was 16 or 17 I had SS daggers, NSKK daggers, SA daggers, German Red Cross daggers, Forester's daggers, armbands, vehicle pennants, medals, Jap bayonets and a sword, helmets and several guns. I took a pen and white ink and wrote who had given it to me and where they got it on the backs or insides of a lot of it and for years I called it my "closet collection" because that's where it usually ended up from move to move.

Several years ago it dawned on me that most of the men who had given me that stuff were dead. I knew that a lot of it was probably very valuable and I considered selling it but every time I did I kept thinking that at one point in time that closet collection had meant a lot to some of those men and that maybe some of them had risked their lives to get it. It just didn't seem right to sell all those things so I loaded the trunk one day and took it all up to Indianapolis to the Indiana War Memorial and gave it all to them. I've seen some of it out on display at various times and every time I do I know I made the right decision under the circumstances. Besides that, my wife now has an extra closet!
    Bob - Southern Indiana Chapter OFC

Tiger Stripes?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Tiger Stripes?
    You betcha! Tigers were my duty uniform for quite some time in 1969-70. I sent a bunch of them home also - among other things, there was no one around to mess with them so they were all here when I got home.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Tigers were hard to get for A Teams.
    My team shared them for operations.
    Wore them to shreds.