Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Found different "Nazi" armband at an auction

Nazi collecting is not my complete forte but I found this in a box of items. It is cotton and passes the UV test. No RZM mark and it looks home made. Emblem is sewn on. Look at the arms and see how the cloth is folded over. Machine sewn I think...

Home made by a German or for the new Neo Nazis we had here in 60's or later? your guess?

da gimp

I had one exactly like that way back in the 1950s. I bought it from Norm Flayderman in Kennebunkport, Maine for $3. The manufacturing details are identical. Looks like a standard brownshirt (SturmAbteilung) armband.
    Tickets, Please!

I collected 3rd Reich armbands, and railroad eagles for a few years. I have had original sewn swastikas like that, as well as just dyed fabric.
    The sewn bands were made of wool not silk, if I remember..Andy

The saddest armband I once saw at a gun show for sale many years ago was for a KAPO at Auschwitz. It just disgusted me to even look at it.

One of the funeral homes here in Bellingham has a small but very nice display of military memoribilia which includes a yellow Star Of David armband from Auschwitz-Birkenau. Just looking at it gives me a lump in my throat!!!!!!
    "Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY

Thanks forum members. I needed some individuals to confirm it.

I also picked up a German banner (3 and 1/2 foot by 7 and 1/2 foot)
    Has place to put rod through and feels like they put buckshot in the bottom to keep it in place in the wind. It is double sided with usual symbol on the white center. I couild not pass it up for the small amount of money wanted as there were only a few people there due to the heat. Came for an estate of a WWll Vet.
    Could not find anything that matched it size wise on the net.

and to think, my mother gave away my 14 foot nazi stadium banner to the kid across the street while I was in the army!

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    and to think, my mother gave away my 14 foot nazi stadium banner to the kid across the street while I was in the army!
    Hey John, during the war, one of my uncles sent me this Luftwaffe helmet plus some other stuff. It all disappered after I went into the Navy in 1950.

"Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY

My youngest brother used everything I sent home including my tiger stripes. Used my shotgun and deer rifle also. He told me later he thought that I was not coming back from Nam, so somebody had to enjoy the things. I guess I proved him wrong!! We did have a "come to Jesus meeting " when I rotated home.