Default My old toy with a upgrade.

Back in the day, my son sold our gifted (taxed) H&R M-16A1 and his (taxed) full auto Uzi.

As a return he used a part of the $29,000 sale to buy me a CMMG AR with both a 5.56 upper and a .22LR Wasp upper. The .22 was very accurate but over the years it stayed in the safe. I moved to a heavily populated area where outdoor shooting is restricted. I went to a indoor range at a sports store and had 4 guns to shoot a 5.56, a 1911 .45, a Zigano 9MM, and the .22 Wasp. There was a guy running the place was working with a customer "trying out," a Dead Air Mask HD suppressor. I asked about it and was told it would take 4-6 months to get one registered. He removed my flash suppressor and replaced it with the Dead Air device! I was hooked!

It turns out my suppressor was registered and shipped in less than 3 weeks.

I love this thing! I shoot it almost every day!!!

The Wasp eats any LR subsonic that has a muzzle velocity of 1,000 FPS (+ or - a few). My favorite is the Winchester Super Suppressed 40 grain HP, with a 1065FPS muzzle velocity.

So you're using the silencer with the Wasp, the 5.56 or both? How well does it silence the 5.56 if you have tried this caliber?

Yes, only the .22LR.