Thread: Glock 22

Default Glock 22

Looking to pick up a police trade in for the Mrs. I plan on pulling the tube and switching to 9mm after market. I have been told that the 17 mags will fit and function in this 4th gen. Switching caliber as I am already set up on 9mm and want to avoid having so many calibers in the stable.
    Sam

I will stay out of this subject as I think revolvers are best for females and more reliable for all of us.

I do have this to say though: Make sure your wife can pull the slide back unless you intend to leave it chambered and cocked. Remember, Glocks have no safety.

Why not just buy a Glock 17 to begin with? Can's see where there'd be much saving or benefit by purchasing a Glock 22 police trade-in and a 9mm aftermarket barrel and mags. Were it me, I'd go for a 9mm pistol from the git-go rather than fooling around with a .40S&W and converting it to shoot 9mm ammo. No offense, but what you're proposing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Please tell me what I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Why not just buy a Glock 17 to begin with? Can's see where there'd be much saving or benefit by purchasing a Glock 22 police trade-in and a 9mm aftermarket barrel and mags. Were it me, I'd go for a 9mm pistol from the git-go rather than fooling around with a .40S&W and converting it to shoot 9mm ammo. No offense, but what you're proposing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Please tell me what I'm missing.
    I can get a great deal and the 9 tube is $30.00 new.
    Sam