An old subject that comes up every so often and has been hashed around quite a bit with mentions of dried beans, rice, jerky, vacuum machines, canned goods and etc.

Emergency foods during outages may be a more accurate term than survival food but anyway, I was at a small market today and noticed dried soup mixes. Now while this is nothing new most of what I see are onion mixes used in dips and to season other dishes.

What I saw today (and again nothing new, just an additional thought) was complete mixes (less water of course). Frontier was the brand they had. Some examples had dried meats in them (I think) along with dried beans, corn, spices, potatoes and so forth.

This would be good for camping too. The only drawback I see is the price. $6.99 for a small packet. How much it makes I donno, I didn't have my reading glasses with me but judging by the size of the packets I would guess it making one good serving or 2 small servings.

Just an additional thought for those of us who are prepers or have a normal life of storms and outages.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...6&action=close