Thread: LRB M-25

Default LRB M-25

Must be Spring. Getting a few of my M-14s ready for the season. This is one of my LRB M-25s. I have 7 in the herd and 3 LRB SAs. Barrel is LRB/Criterion 18.5". Scope is a Leupold MK4 3.5-10. Stock is USGI fiberglass. Making a couple of adjustments to the front ferule so things are centered up on the front band with good draw pressure. Whatta Hobby!

LRB M-25.jpgLRB M-25 2.jpgLRB M-25 3.jpg

Looking at your collection makes me drool! Very nice! I once bought a M1A from Devine, Texas. It came with 100 rounds of military surplus ammo and sling. Cost a whopping $260. Wish I had it today. I carried a M14 in Vietnam. Much better rifle than the M16 they were issuing back in 1966.

Thanks. Never owned a Devine, but most others. Trained witht he M14 and carried one myself in Vietnam 67-68 until they were taken and replace with a piece of junk. Whatta Hobby!

Methinks if George S. Patton had lived to see the venerable M14, he would have changed his opinion on the "finest battle instrument ever devised". Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection nf1e, I enjoy all your posts!

Steve

Thanks. Truly enjoy posting threads about firearms close to my heart. Whatta Hobby!

This is posted on the M14BR forum, alpha range. One of the ranges we run all sorts of challenges on.
    Last day of the month and Jeff needs some company. Come on guys, lets get er done!
    Got out with one of my LRB M-25s with an 18.5 med weight LRB/Criterion barrel sitting in a USGI fiberglass stock. Mostly USGI parts, TRW bolt, Winchester Trigger group , H&R op rod and a USGI gas system unitized by farmer Banks and weld method.. Scope is a Leupold MK-4 3.5 - 10. UUQ composite bipod. Ammo is handloaded 175 SMK in MEN berdan cases over 37.8 gn of Varget. 100-7X shot off bipod with bunny bag. Whatta Hobby!

Punisher target.jpgPunisher.jpgPunisher 1.jpgPunisher 2.jpgPunisher 3.jpg

I could find/make room for one like this.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Enjoying what you are shooting is what it is all about. The thing I like about this setup is that it may not be super accurate, but it is consistent every time and should not be effected by moisture with the fiberglass stock. Whatta Hobby!

I enjoy shooting most anything. To me, it comes down to what I like when I see it. Problem is most likely champagne taste and cheap beer pocket money. If not the latter, it would empty pockets.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.