Default Dogtag Missing in Action

What's happened to our friendly and entertaining Brit, dogtag? He's been a regular here on CSP for many years and I for one, always look forward to his postings. I see where his last post was on January 23rd and that makes me wonder. Hope all is well with him. He's a good guy and I miss his viewpoint on current affairs and world events.

Rayg and others who use to post regularly are now silent too. I feel it is mostly or solely because of this site. Many people can no longer log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Rayg and others who use to post regularly are now silent too. I feel it is mostly or solely because of this site. Many people can no longer log on.
    Well that just plain sucks! Were it not for FireFox, I too would be an absentee. Anyway we can get the word out to those who are missing? Doesn't Admin have access to each individual member's email address? As it is, won't be long before the site is devoid of participating members.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Well that just plain sucks! Were it not for FireFox, I too would be an absentee. Anyway we can get the word out to those who are missing? Doesn't Admin have access to each individual member's email address? As it is, won't be long before the site is devoid of participating members.
    I had thought of that too but had hopes that a "fix" would have occurred by now. I don't know how the missing members would feel about receiving an email from me. Would they even open it or feel an invasion of privacy?

Also, it seems to me if a person wants to visit here bad enough they would have already thought of trying an alternate browser.

Blog Entries

This is the first gun board I found in 1982 when I came back from West Germany (yes West) and used dial up and a Tandy tractor feed printer. Talked by email with the Maj and Swede and especially Gunny. Culiver's Shooting Pages, CSP. after the Maj had a break-in and guns stolen, Swede's broken leg, and both having health problems. The Major died and his funeral at Alington was captured on video available at the top of the forum pages. If youhave never attended or seen a military funeral you should warch this. Pat took over admin and did a wonderful job,but I think the job got too big and she began to farm out portions of the admin. Went thru a huge outage/hack where Mil Surps allowed CSP to use their site, but didn't want to let go when CSP was ready. Went thru two more big hacks that put the site down for xtended periods. The last time in 2009. Old members then, had their join dates moved to 2009

Yup, I've been a member for a long time, seen many old posters fall off, especially miss Gunny but I hear he has gone over to the muzzle loading pages and abandoned the 1911, M1, M14s of here. Much of the wisdom from this site is captured on Lane's Pages. If you are interested in the old "wooden warriors" go there.

The site was improved when Lyman, with Pat's approval, moved thre 2nd Amendment forum to subscription only, keeping the politics and acrimonious back and forth, out of sight. This site was primarily established by the Maj to discuss WW1 and WW2 and Korean War arms, which are now $$$ out of sight and have been discussed to death. When I do see a gun rag talking about the 1911, M1, or various versions of the M14, I see nothing new.

The younger folks who never handled a wooden warrior are more interested in affordable arms, mostly plastic pistols, and mile long shots...all good. There're many sites and gun rags on the shelf discussing those. This was my first gun site and thanks to Lyman, Allen, and others I may not acknowledge here, have done a Hurclean job for this site. I hate to see it dwindle down.
    Last edited by PWC; 03-23-2024 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Unless a poster has friends he communicates with off the site no one here would ever know if they were sick, just got sick of this place, or died.
    Last edited by Art; 03-26-2024 at 05:29.

Blog Entries

his last post was Jan 23rd or there abouts

dogtag has dissappeared in the past for various periods, he may just be taking a break

There does seem to be a problem logging on. My year old computer will not allow me to open any sub sites, nor will my brand new computer. I just found that my 5 year old computer will allow me to open the site but unfortunately, that computer is almost non functional for other purposes. Based on some of the comments, I will try loading firefox and see if it works