Default Going jeep shopping

Need a vehicle, prefer Jeep's and have owned many...still have a hat.
    Sam

Well if you have the hat, by all means ...

Best I remember, you had a Cherokee. If you don't find one you may look at Craigslist.

3. Default

Getting my '80 CJ-5 out of deep hibernation. Finally found brackets for buckets and get rid of the bench seat.

Looked at new, I am not that stupid! While on the lot I found one that reminds me of my first cruiser, all black. 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus High-Altitude Package, 99,800 miles. Loaded and under book, one owner sold new from dealer. Clear car fax, oil changed, alignment and new road tires. $21,561 with a 60-month warranty [my idea, not theirs].
    Vehicle goes to my toy checker this week for his okeydokey, without it I don't sign on the crooked line.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Looked at new, I am not that stupid! While on the lot I found one that reminds me of my first cruiser, all black. 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus High-Altitude Package, 99,800 miles. Loaded and under book, one owner sold new from dealer. Clear car fax, oil changed, alignment and new road tires. $21,561 with a 60-month warranty [my idea, not theirs].
    Vehicle goes to my toy checker this week for his okeydokey, without it I don't sign on the crooked line.
    Sam
    Have him check out the tail/brake lights. My sister had a 2006 (?) Cherokee that had incurable electrical problems. She traded it in towards a new Cherokee probably around 2019.

Glad you found something. Car salesmen can be a pain. Sounds like a good price with the warranty and tires.
    Last edited by Allen; 05-09-2024 at 09:35.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I called a toyota dealer and asked them about putting in seat extender brackets (so you can the seat back further, wife's knees do not bend since her nerve damage caused by getting poisoned at a restaurant).
    They said that would "void the warranty"
    HUH ?? these people are INSANE. So, NO sale !!

Blog Entries

I've not posted much if at all about my 2005 E350 issues, that are supposedly finally resolved,
    after I ended up buying a 2023 T-250 to replace it,

brand spanking new, even as a basic cargo van it has factory bells and whistles, auto headlamps and dimmer, rain sensing wipers, lane assist (turned that off) and a small back up camera, gets better mileage (18) than the diesel it replaced, (the 2005)

and only 2500 miles on it and it got its first recall!!

w00t

My mechanic said to pass on this Jeep with the small engine. The hunt goes on, in the meantime doing some work to keep the Ford a little longer.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    only 2500 miles on it and it got its first recall!!
    At least Ford issued a recall and will fix it. They warranted a headlight problem on my wife's 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis with over 120,000 miles on it and long after Mercury was gone.

Some auto manf get raving reviews over never issuing recalls but it is mostly because they don't/won't or can't cure the problems. Remember the infamous Toyota sticking accelerators that they excused as carpet getting bunched up around the gas pedal?