Default Gew 88 stock value

I recently received a Gew 88 from my brother that once belonged to my Dad. It was missing the cleaning rod which was easily and inexpensively replaced.
    The stock however is a different story. Seems that at one time the front, just past the barrel band was damaged then sanded down so that most of the barrel shroud is exposed.
    I?d like to replace the stock but I?m not sure what their value is??
    I?ve seen a couple on eBay but they seem to be highly priced.
    Anyone here have an idea on the value of a decent stock?

Don't know if this will be of any help, but a lot of 88's were sent to Turkey. As a result, many that are now available are in less that good condition. Look around and see if you can find one of these rifles for sale. It might be worth the money to be able to swap stocks and then sell the rifle. This would allow you to hopefully upgrade your fathers rifle. Over the years I have used this method to fix up rifles I had for which parts/stocks were few and far between. HTH. Good luck with your project. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Thanks Bruce, that is an option I had thought about until I started shopping around.
    Seems these rifles, like everything else has skyrocketed in price. I did find a listing of parts with a decent stock. Hopefully I’ll get it and if so would be an inexpensive fix.