Thread: Dash Cams

Default Dash Cams

After watching numerous videos on YouTube I see the need to use a dash cam. I don't plan on getting into police chase scenes and experience a PIT maneuver on me but in every day driving we experience a lot and may need the film footage to defend ourselves in case of a wreck or lawsuit due to a wreck or such. (always good to have proof)

Since retired I don't drive much any more but some of you do. Cost has come WAY down and even the camera's that are priced around $20 have good reviews. I read where most of them take a micro film card (micro SD) but they re-write themselves after a few hours and lose a little clarity each time so standard cards are not recommended for a lot of use. There are cards made specifically for these camera's but I haven't looked for them or priced them yet.

Any of you use these or have comments about them? Problems? Brand you'd recommend?

I have one but have not used it. Have to get a "reader" because the micro cards are so small. I believe Best Buy has them. The last time I checked, B B did not have one in stock. In fact, the shelves looked somewhat bare in various parts of the store.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

WalMart has them on-line as well as many sellers on ebay.

If you watch Utube vids about "idiots driving" you see why almost everyone in Europe (mostly east) have dashcams.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

My daughter in law was in a car accident. It was just a little bump but the driver claimed her vehicle was totaled. But dash cam videos showed the damage was previous to the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    My daughter in law was in a car accident. It was just a little bump but the driver claimed her vehicle was totaled. But dash cam videos showed the damage was previous to the accident.
    Her ins company should give her a discount for using a dash cam. Looks like she saved them some $.

When pigs fly.