Thread: Property Tax

Threaded View

Default Property Tax

One of the biggest government over reaches that exist.

Some say the taxes are for education, police and fire protection. My homeowners insurance will pay for any fire damage and should have to pay for any fire departments services. Why would someone who has a $500,000 home pay more tax than someone living in a $50,000 home? Does it cost more to extinguish the fire at the nicer home?

Police services? I donno, I've never called them but when a simple traffic violation or speeding ticket cost over $200 they should be self supporting.

Public school system? Aside from being an absolute joke lets say OK, then those in private schools or those being home schooled should be exempt from that portion of the property tax and where did the correlation come from where the amount of land you own or the value of your land and home equates to the number you have in public schools? In the cities the parents with the largest number of kids taking up seats in the school system rent. They don't own and can't afford to own. So, these people pay nothing for public education and it's not passed on to the landlords. They receive the same rent regardless of how large a family.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen; 03-02-2024 at 02:45.