Default Gun consignment sales

This issue has been discussed before but things change over time.

I have a couple of guns I wish to sell on consignment (modern guns). On GB I have contacted Dust-2-Dollars and Bryant Ridge Trading Co. I didn't act at the time and now it appears that Dust-2-Dollars has gone out of business. Not something you want to happen while they are holding your guns. Bryant Ridge has been in business for years and gets ridiculously high prices on everything but produces little info on the company including what % they charge.

I have sold through Jackthedog on Auction Arms in the past but he won't sell for me any longer. I think he only wants mint, super rare high value guns so he can make the same or more $ with fewer listings.

$64 question: Have you used Bryant Ridge or have you heard of a legitimate company that will sell for you?

2. Default

Sold about a dozen on GB, always through local FFLs. How far are you from BR? I like to deal FtF with the listing shop. GB fees and bs, plus sales tax collection has caused several local guys to say screw it. Plus I started my guns @.01/NR which bothered some dealers.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 02-08-2024 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    How far are you from BR?
    Too far. I'm only 30 miles from FL.

I sold a gun on GB directly. The buyer sent a signed FFL copy (as I requested) with the payment and I sent the gun to the FFL dealer. I like FtF also. I don't like dealing with on-line complaints, returns and wanting me to sell them a gun w/o a FFL.

In this case I'm thinning my herd of a few guns I regret buying. They are either unique or a case where I just overpaid so I need to reach a large audience in hopes of getting my $ back. The seller I mentioned sells on GB and brings in big $. They tend with all the photo's, the listing, the money, the legality of where the gun in sent to, GB fees and BS. I think they charge 19% for items that sell for less than $1000 and 16% for those that sell for more so they absorb the fees and GB BS. All I do is mail them the gun and wait.

Blog Entries

try LS&B,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    try LS&B,
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about them.

Upon reading their procedures (they come to you) this would be a good solution for those of us who leave a bunch of guns behind when we go. Your widow or kids can call this place and they take everything you want to sell. They can accept a cash offer or let LS&B run it through their auctions.

I've consigned with LSB on two different occasions and can vouch for them. Even referred them to a relative in a different state who likewise was impressed with their services. They are competent, professional and most of all trustworthy. They will come to you, pick up and inventory your guns, photograph them from all angles, research them and do the descriptive write-ups and then list the items on GunBroker. They are based primarily in Simi Valley, California and Cody, Wyoming and do road trips all throughout the United States. Following auction on GB a settlement check will be promptly mailed, usually within 30 days, to the consignee.

https://lsbauctions.com/
    Last edited by Oyaji; 02-08-2024 at 04:42. Reason: Link added

Since they are based in CA I don't see how they can come to you in any of the 50 states, especially for just one or two items. I'm sure they farm or contract this out to individuals who will ship to them but the cost stacks up. I suppose this would have to affect the bottom line of how much commission % they charge.

Something that I noticed that "jackthedog" does on AA is he takes the guns apart as far as he can sometimes when he photo's. He strips down M1 carbine bolts even to photo the makers markings.

A recent email I received from LSB provides an update of a few of their roadtrips as follows.....

--Our trip through Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, and New Mexico is quickly approaching! We will be hitting the road on February 7th. Contact Brian to pick up your guns on his route. We will come straight to your door and make turning your guns into cash easy!

--Ryan is planning his trip to Arizona from February 20th to 22nd. Get on his schedule to make your pick-up as smooth as possible.

--Teresa is taking on Oregon every weekend in February! She will be in your area throughout the month if you're located in Medford, Roseburg, Albany, Lebanon, Salem, Portland, or Central Oregon.

--Request to be added to
    any of our road trips!

Call LSB at: 805-285-0715
    Last edited by Oyaji; 02-08-2024 at 06:12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Since they are based in CA I don't see how they can come to you in any of the 50 states, especially for just one or two items. I'm sure they farm or contract this out to individuals who will ship to them but the cost stacks up. I suppose this would have to affect the bottom line of how much commission % they charge.

Something that I noticed that "jackthedog" does on AA is he takes the guns apart as far as he can sometimes when he photo's. He strips down M1 carbine bolts even to photo the makers markings.
    when I list Carbines on GB, I have to break them down to each peice, and have several photos of each piece, or I get 2,876,987 questoins on what eack part is marked,

last one I did I think we put up 97 pictures,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    when I list Carbines on GB, I have to break them down to each peice, and have several photos of each piece, or I get 2,876,987 questoins on what eack part is marked,

last one I did I think we put up 97 pictures,
    Buyers want this info. As easy as it is to field strip most miliary weapons I wouldn't mind doing this but the bolt, no, I would let the buyers get the surprise of what maker the firing pin and extractor is. A lot of buyers are going to take the bolt apart anyway to double check. They can swap out parts at that time as they feel the need.

Even using the tool I find that I need 3 or 4 hands on the carbine bolts. Then there's the "getting old" eyesight and simply not wanting to spend the time and effort. (it pays to have extra ejectors and springs when doing this)

Just my 2 cents worth though. Personally I'd rather just pay someone else to do it and take a hit on the sale price.