Default I think I talked to a robot

I get the usual three or four scams about nine a.m. For some reason I didn't hang up and got this woman telling me I was awarded a free ring camera for my door. Ok. Then she asked me, if I got it would I use the free camera. Well, yeah... Then I realized, the voice had some hesitation to it. There was some hesitation between responses. I hung up, but I'm kicking myself for not inquiring if "she" was a robot. Depending on "her" answer: How big are your tits? I missed my chance. I'll probably get another.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I get about 3 calls a week from the gal. Think I will try your line. Right after that question she asks if I am the homeowner. If you answer no it hangs up rather quickly. I think I am going to have some fun. Have to figure out what accent I will us. What do you think of Slavic, German, Scottish or Italian.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

My grandson answers these types of calls . . . .in Japanese!

He tells me he hears a CLICK before he finishes his spiel!

They are very very good, but still don't have everything down pat. Was watching a program about digging up mammoth bones abd tusks in Alaska. They did good until one of the "mammoth" came out as "mammogram". Guess it was correcting a perceived human mistake.

On another everything was excellent except on numbers. When pronouncing 5th or 6th (fifth or sixth) they came out as 5 th (five th) or 6 th (six th).

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    My grandson answers these types of calls . . . .in Japanese!

He tells me he hears a CLICK before he finishes his spiel!
    Moshi moshi. Donata nan desu ka?

6. Default

I usually throw a wrench in the spokes by asking a totally unrelated question or making a nonsense comment. That usually trips up the AI's.
    "I eat the door" is my favorite.

That's nonsensical.

8. Default

Kon'nichiwa, anata no kuruma no enchō hoshō ni tsuite ohanashi xxxxai nodesuga

I have caller ID like most of you. I simply don't answer.

All the "ringers" on the phones are turned off except for one phone at min volume in the back bedroom. My wife hears it but I don't unless I'm in that bedroom. Any legitimate call is for her anyway. Answering machine picks up after 4th ring. None of the spammers leave a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    Kon'nichiwa, anata no kuruma no enchō hoshō ni tsuite ohanashi xxxxai nodesuga
    Looks Hawaiian.
    It must be a rule: The fake calls have to hesitate 2 seconds. I almost never pick up the phone, but if I do I give it; a thousand one, a thousand two and then hang up.
    I feel sorry for the companys that actually want to contact me. Well, they eventually do.
    Last edited by dryheat; 02-07-2024 at 09:42.