Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    What’s the problem with a bullet behind the ear?
    That's using common sense so it gets ruled out immediately.

Make it complex. Make it drawn out for sympathy support. Make it near impossible to even be put on death row. Meanwhile our prisons fill up reflecting a failed judicial system. There's big money in arresting the same people over and over for the same crimes. Murder has become trivial to judges. While a person can change over time, become a better person, it doesn't replace the loss of someone they killed, robed, raped, stabbed, etc.. If you break a window it doesn't replace itself. What's done is done.

2. Default

Apparently the guy didn't just go to sleep, so you can look for the bleeding heart do-gooders to jump on this too.

"Hamm said nitrogen flowed for around 15 minutes. The gas was administered through a mask, while two execution workers, in addition to Smith's spiritual adviser, Rev. Dr. Jeff Hood, looked on. Media witnesses said Smith appeared conscious for about ten minutes. He shook and writhed for about two minutes on the gurney, followed by about five minutes of heavy breathing."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Apparently the guy didn't just go to sleep, so you can look for the bleeding heart do-gooders to jump on this too.

"Hamm said nitrogen flowed for around 15 minutes. The gas was administered through a mask, while two execution workers, in addition to Smith's spiritual adviser, Rev. Dr. Jeff Hood, looked on. Media witnesses said Smith appeared conscious for about ten minutes. He shook and writhed for about two minutes on the gurney, followed by about five minutes of heavy breathing."
    If applied too much too quickly it might be like smothering someone with a pillow and a reaction would occur. It sounds to me like they started at a good starting point assuming they are taking notes and will adjust accordingly in the future. I would suspect they tested it on animals first but again, I donno.

I believe I read at the end of the article after all the badmouthing that "some" of his reactions may have been involuntary. If so then probably no conscious suffering at that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Safe O2 levels fall between 19.5% to 23.5%. Anything that pushes the oxygen beyond those levels can or will kill you. It depends upon how far and how long. Maybe using CO2 has some side effects like nausea or something? I donno why it isn't considered.

greta would frown since it is a greenhouse gas,,,

5. Default

Whatever method is used it should be humane. (quick & relatively painless for those contesting the meaning) At least as humane as putting loved animal to sleep."The Final Mercy". We are, after all supposed to be "The Good Guys".
    It can be done, I've seen it done more than once.
    The last time just a month ago.
    2 shots, one a general anesthetic to relax the poor thing, then after a minute or so to take effect the actual lethal chemical. It was all over in probably 2 minutes. In both cases the animal simply relaxed & "fell asleep" in the first 10 seconds, Neither animal seemed distressed in the least at any point.
    We're not concerned with the prisoner here if we're honest, but with the touchy-freely susceptibilities of those in authority.
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 01-31-2024 at 04:52.

Interesting point Red. But, shouldn't they have to "suffer" some with those memories? I'm more of a "getter done" voter. Yes, there is the occasional miss. Some poor guy who only committed thirty low key crimes gets sent to the chair. Well, that's the problem with being dumb, uneducated, mean, ugly, ect. There is always going to be a percentage of mistakes. Give them a metal. Write something nice on their grave stone, but it's OK in the end. Fifty thousand Americans died in VN for basically nothing. They weren't even criminals but gave their lives. If 1% of executions were mistakes and 90% of those individuals were repeat offenders, I'd say those are OK numbers.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Interesting point Red. But, shouldn't they have to "suffer" some with those memories? I'm more of a "getter done" voter. Yes, there is the occasional miss. Some poor guy who only committed thirty low key crimes gets sent to the chair. Well, that's the problem with being dumb, uneducated, mean, ugly, ect. There is always going to be a percentage of mistakes. Give them a metal. Write something nice on their grave stone, but it's OK in the end. Fifty thousand Americans died in VN for basically nothing. They weren't even criminals but gave their lives. If 1% of executions were mistakes and 90% of those individuals were repeat offenders, I'd say those are OK numbers.
    Sounds reasonable enough to me.....

Thumbs-Up meme.jpg

Default Final fish dinner...

This would work to end 30 years of behind bars torture.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-di...ous-pufferfish

Ah, jail food. I got served something that looked like monkey guts. That aside: Art and John make some good sense with the debate. So, someone in prison for thirty yrs. "changes some", so what? Do we have time for that?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    This would work to end 30 years of behind bars torture.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-di...ous-pufferfish
    That wasn't puffer-fish (Fugu) way too slow acting.
    The most common method of identifying Tetrodotoxin poisoning is to look inside the decadent's throat. Its so fast acting & toxic there's a good chance there will still be scales of puffer flesh present because they didn't all reach the stomach before death.