Today will be a turning point I feel for all (U.S.) future executions.

Alabama will execute the first (U.S.) inmate today/tonight with nitrogen. The critics (who are against ALL executions) claim it is unproven. Yeah, the system used today can be blotched due to human error but nitrogen does kill people.

Working in industrial sites I have vast experience with N2. Since it is an inert gas it is used to clean up equipment and vessels for maintenance work and welding. It is hard piped as a handy supply just like tool air for air tools. Many workers in confined spaces mistakenly attach their air tools to N2 instead of O2. The tools exhaust the N2 and soon the air they breath is composed of too much of it. They pass out and suffocate not knowing any different. Rescue people often die under the same circumstances not knowing of the N2 content.

It is THAT undetectable, odorless, colorless, and already the most abundant element we breath @ 78%. Air under normal conditions is slightly less than 21% oxygen,

Unless there is some kind of human screwup or some lone judge ruling against it I feel after today we can say goodbye to "Ol Sparky" and injections. I think most elec chairs are already museum artifacts.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-i...171433122.html