Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nuke Sub captain relieved of command ...

He was captain of Blue crew.
    Captain Osborne is taking over his command,
    but he is the captain of Gold crew so how can that be ?
    Can't command both, so Is Blue more important than Gold ?
    It's a puzzlement.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-launched.html

2. Default

Blue CO relieved because boat is not up to snuff. Gold CO transferred to fix it.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Blue CO relieved because boat is not up to snuff. Gold CO transferred to fix it.

Just my opinion.
    That leaves Gold crew with no Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    That leaves Gold crew with no Captain.
    Maybe the Gold Crew XO "fleeted up" and assumed command.

5. Default

When you have an officers' corps that is twice the size of what you really need it's easy to find replacements. Sea command is necessary for punching one's ticket, that in turn produces an attitude that looking good is more important than doing good. That in turn leads to seeing subordinates as mere stepping stones in career progression. And subordinates who find all sorts of ways to sabotage a superior's career. I note that among the finding's of the investigation into the loss of theBonhomme Richard was that
    "Maintenance records were falsified." Old habits die hard, the Vietnam era pencil whipping of records is still with us.
    Just saw a news story, said he was arrested for DUI.
    Last edited by blackhawknj; 01-19-2024 at 05:50.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Maybe the Gold Crew XO "fleeted up" and assumed command.
    THIS^^^
    It's bad enough they dumped "The Skipper". But bringing in a "stranger" will make it massively worse. At least this is just "swapping CO.'s.

In SAC, you either were up to snuff or you got fired and replaced. The big thing was an unannounced Operational Readiness Inspection. The inspection team covered everything from paperwork to aircraft launching and simulated bomb runs. And of course these bomb runs were scored for accuracy. Also there were simulated but unannounced test of security. The aircraft I was fortunate enough to work on was the B-52. What part? The radar, bombing and navigation computer system.

Plain and simple, I don't know of any base commander that was given a second chance. Heads rolled in those areas that were given a failing grade.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Hell, I'd have thought the skipper deserved a little slack.
    Getting sloshed once in a while ain't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    Hell, I'd have thought the skipper deserved a little slack.
    Getting sloshed once in a while ain't that bad.
    Sadly it is in today's military. Just look at how many officer, senior enlisted and EM clubs have been shutdown throughout the country and overseas.

10. Default

Compare and contrast this with the American woman connected to the US embassy in London. She was at a function at a US base, pulled out onto the public road and killed an English boy on his motorcycle. No breath test or anything. Laws for thee not me.