Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Thread

Blog Entries

Phoenix...30 Jan, high temp 78 degrees, WX channel says feels like 83. Yes it is warm, today I had to repair a water leek in the front, and sweat like July. Cooler this weekend and supposedly rain.

You all will get back at us in July - Aug when it's 120 degrees here and you are 85.

33F and overcast today.
    We actually came close to record warm for late January with the last two days of the month edging low 40's.

Streets are drying off quite a bit, with a lot of newly exposed pot-holes. I am going to get back on the bike in the next couple of days. Most of that really glossy overnight melt water ice is gone now, so should be a bit safer.
    I could really use the exercise.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Highs here in the 60's, lows in the low 40's. Sunny but hard to start any outside projects because everything is and stays wet. Heavy rains predicted for the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Phoenix...30 Jan, high temp 78 degrees, WX channel says feels like 83. Yes it is warm, today I had to repair a water leek in the front, and sweat like July. Cooler this weekend and supposedly rain.

You all will get back at us in July - Aug when it's 120 degrees here and you are 85.
    "feels like" - depends whether your sitting in a chair on the patio under the shade having lunch or out in the sun busting your butt.
    Last edited by dryheat; 02-06-2024 at 09:43.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

The forum just folded on my Android phone this a.m..
    I can still get on and post on the laptop with the stuff pictured and described on the first page of this thread.

Colorado low set to slap us beginning sometime over-night.
    It's even supposed to clip Hogger. These counter clock-wise rotating low pressure cells appear to be more frequent these days, or maybe the joints in my knees are paying more attention to them. At any rate the system extends from the foothills all the way to the eastern edge of Minn, and from Just south of Nebr all the way to central Manitoba, with the north edge bisecting the Interlake area. Big system...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    The forum just folded on my Android phone this a.m..
    I can still get on and post on the laptop with the stuff pictured and described on the first page of this thread
    Strange. Everything is normal here (forum) but certainly not for everyone. I had that one blip for a couple of days that I mentioned, then everything returned on it's own.

Since I did have problems though I have to rule out area/location. I wonder if the cause could be signal strength? I think I read where Lyman said an upgrade to the forum's website may be needed but if so that will have to go through Pat.

Weather wise everything here is mostly overcast, cold, wet, windy. Overall crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Strange. Everything is normal here (forum) but certainly not for everyone. I had that one blip for a couple of days that I mentioned, then everything returned on it's own.

Since I did have problems though I have to rule out area/location. I wonder if the cause could be signal strength? I think I read where Lyman said an upgrade to the forum's website may be needed but if so that will have to go through Pat.

Weather wise everything here is mostly overcast, cold, wet, windy. Overall crappy.

We're on a fibre optic network here, with both the laptop and phone on the same wi-fi signal.
    Grandson games off the same wi-fi signal, which devours massive amounts of band-width, so I doubt it's either of the wi-fi signal or network service. The system keeps up with everything to a much more than reasonable extent.

Very likely a security up-grade issue at the host server level.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 02-07-2024 at 05:19.

About 28f here and light snow.

Supposed to head out for family meet today if any of the required party's are willing to show- no big deal, just playing catch-up and how the heck are ya's :P

Still playing around with and investigating photo flash, and am a bit surprised at how much I've retained and how well it all still works.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Rain

Rain