Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Thread

Strange. This forum has been messed up on my computer for 3-4 days now. I clicked on it a minute ago and it is still screwed up. Then, seconds later, out of habit, I clicked on it again and all is back to normal.

Rain all night. 2+ more inches predicted for today.

3. Default

We had a flock of 15 or so Limpkins, which are native to Florida, take up on the lake where we live. Every day or so they would come by feeding along the edge of the lake. In the cold snap we had a few days back we saw them one day when the temperature was hovering around 12 degrees, and later that night dropped to 2 degrees. Haven't seen the Limpkins since which probably thought to hell with this, lets go back home.

Cloudy, breezy, overall crappy weather here today with 2 more inches of rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Temps in the 60's-70's but feels much cooler with all of this going on.

Blog Entries

sitting in the shop today,
    shorts , Tshirt and a shirt,

supposed to be high 60's all week,

raining a bit now,

About 12F here today. We had a bit of a blow and snow over the weekend, and it's hard to judge accumulations with all the wind blown drifts. I'm guessing between 2"- 4". Winds are still a bit high with uncomfortable wind chill factors. A little over 70 days to go to opening day fishing for open water.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Mostly warm here. Fruit trees are flowering and weeds are taking off. Been planting bulbs and re-potting plants that are in containers. Will be mowing for the 2nd time soon.

Having to swat carpenter bee's with a tennis racket already.

About 24F here now. Got about 3" of snow over Wed-Thur. Forecast says daytime high's should start breaking the freezing point on Sunday. Been a bit of a dry winter with precipitation quite a bit below normal. The recent snows we've had were actually needed. Fingers crossed for a bit more yet~ would be nice to see some normal water levels this spring and summer.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

39 last night. 74 predicted for today. Sunny but heavy dew on the ground preventing morning yard work. Will burn off soon then I'll have no excuses.

Cars keep turning yellow (pollen). A carport doesn't shield them much so having to wash or at least rinse them off when we use them.