Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Thread

The last few years the cold snaps have occurred as far South as central Florida causing the iguanas to get stunned and fall out of the trees. I didn't even know FL had iguanas till this started happening.

We had our beneficial cold snap of 19 degrees last night with more on the way.

Blog Entries

Frost on the roofs in the morning, Boganvillas are turning brown, mulberry still has some leaves; but for the most part I'm still shoveling sunshine off my driveway in Phoenix

Mo' better this morning.

Sun is shining. Temp is around 40 and rising. Things are thawing out. No rain (yet).

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The last few years the cold snaps have occurred as far South as central Florida causing the iguanas to get stunned and fall out of the trees. I didn't even know FL had iguanas till this started happening.

Lots of videos on You Tube of people shooting the iguanas with air rifles. Unbelievable how they have multiplied in Florida from people releasing pets. Golf courses hire people to come in and shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Lots of videos on You Tube of people shooting the iguanas with air rifles. Unbelievable how they have multiplied in Florida from people releasing pets. Golf courses hire people to come in and shoot them.
    What needs to be done at the Southern border. I don't think they have iguanas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

Not really a new problem for S. Fla. Dave Barry was writing about his compact sized dog eating Iguanas in the Miami Herald back in the 80's.
    Unfortunately, we haven't had a humour columnist that good since then...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Not really a new problem for S. Fla. Dave Barry was writing about his compact sized dog eating Iguanas in the Miami Herald back in the 80's.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    While I only live 30 miles from the FL border I seldom travel there and haven't been very far South in FL since I took my kids to Orlando 25 years ago and St. Augustine (pretty place) 20 years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    not just the ugly lizards, FLA has a Python\Boa problem too,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    not just the ugly lizards, FLA has a Python\Boa problem too,
    We would have the same problem here if not for our "beneficial" cold snaps. Not to mention extra weeds and bugs. Some things we don't have (like scorpions) because they would probably drown.

Weather is mild this week here. Sunny days in the 50's-60's with lows near freezing. Whenever it warms up any at all it rains.

About 34-35 f here by mid-day, and then back down to 25-28f at night, which is a bit on the warm side for this time of year.

Roads are still kinda iffy- I've been off the bike for almost a month now. Sort of hoping for dry roads soon. I'd like to get back into riding for the exercise.

Been seeing red crested wood-peckers for most of the winter. I had thought they migrated. A little odd to see them trying to drill into the oaks and elms around here at ten below.

I'll keep an eye out for them- photo opportunities are still rare for me with those birds.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail