Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Thread

??????????

Sunny today.

Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras BS going on in Mobile. State holiday for them and us. Local news reporters covering the event all wearing sunglasses. Most all downtown Mobile streets closed off for the parades.

Cool evenings here around 40 and highs close to 70 in the days. Usually raining or overcast but a few moments of sunshine too. Early spring weeds popping up--will be mowing as soon as I pick up tree limbs all over the yard.

Rain

So much for needed yard work. Got a little bit accomplished yesterday. Would have done a lot more had I known it was going to be such a limited opportunity.

About 15 F and finally clear here.
    Not a lot on the agenda today other than making up some homemade chiz boogers, and maybe some home fries- probably dollar fries if I give myself enough time.
    Just a bit under 12 weeks left to go to open water opening day for fishing.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Just a bit under 12 weeks left to go to open water opening day for fishing.
    Fishing wise you would like it here. You would have your choice of freshwater or saltwater fishing. We have plentiful ponds, lakes, rivers, Mobile bay and of course the Gulf of Mexico but then there's the constant rain thing. Most everyone here either has a boat or once had a boat.

Weather here sucks. Cool nights near freezing and highs in the 50's to 60's but feels colder due to the damp air. Not getting anything done outside. Next week predicted to be better but predictions change after they have already occurred.

5. Default

Went to the range with a buddy, We B/Sd & do did the wives who get on well. I never actually fired a single round!
    It was nice to meet up but too cold & windy to shoot. A nice social meeting though.
    We did have our on little , private gun-show swap shop though, no actual firearms, its Md , but lots of iron sight parts./

35 F here today with sunny breaks. It ain't gonna last though. There's a clipper on the way with 2-4" snow, and it's supposed to start tonight.

On 2nd cup of Max dark roast, which takes a bit of taste development. Haven't been able to find blue ribbon for quite a while now- the last hold out from the old Yuban days. Current coffee ain't bad, but no where near what it should be. Still like donut shop coffee from Robin's a lot. Some dept store labeled colombian is all right. Probably going to get some new coffee in here this week, just for taste's sake.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post

There's what the forum looks like on the main page for most of us on Win 10 after the latest round of up-dates from M/S.
    The rest of it is much similar.

Forum is normal on my Android based phone, which is a real pain to post with due to the smaller screen and key-pad.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    When my screen opens up like that, I click on the banner at the top and screen opens as norml

I tried that but it didn't work on mine.

My Chromebook is working fine and what I'm using now. Happily, for most of you, I can't post pictures right now.

Weather here is easing into Spring. I've been busy dragging limbs, mowing and spraying herbicide.

Heck, I can't even get Lightroom to accept a photo. Never-the-less, it is a great photo (I think) and I'll post it when I can.
    Last edited by dryheat; 02-28-2024 at 06:21.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

We usually get a mid March light freeze that kills the blueberry blooms and other plants that flower at that time. Otherwise, here, Spring has sprung.

Highs in the high 70's with lows in the 40's to 60's. Ideal temps for us.

With a break in the rains I've been doing all the yard work I can. I have my little 2 acre yard but also work in my mother's 2 acre yard and my daughters 2 acre yard.

Went to two different Arbor Day events and got a few trees that I potted. If/when they leaf out I will have to decide where to plant or whom to give them to. Been ordering seeds and bulbs from ebay sellers too.