Default Car Stuff for 2024

Looks like a slow day today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My '80 3/4 ton

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    My '80 3/4 ton
    I have an old 1990 Silverado in similar condition. Dead paint but no rust, no dents, reg cab w/8' bed. I use it to haul limbs and other stuff w/o concerns over scratches. Dependable, would drive it anywhere but it looks like crap with the dead, flat paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I have an old 1990 Silverado in similar condition. Dead paint but no rust, no dents, reg cab w/8' bed. I use it to haul limbs and other stuff w/o concerns over scratches. Dependable, would drive it anywhere but it looks like crap with the dead, flat paint.

My High Sierra had the 350 4 bbl. In all the time I had it, all I had to do was the mechanical fuel pump (20 min job) and regular oil changes. Darn thing was bullet-proof-indestructible. The only problem with it was gas consumption- the fuel gauge would drop at the same rate of the speedometer going up when punching it :P That regular cab got to be kind of small for those in a family way, and I had to let it go.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    My High Sierra had the 350 4 bbl. In all the time I had it, all I had to do was the mechanical fuel pump (20 min job) and regular oil changes. Darn thing was bullet-proof-indestructible. The only problem with it was gas consumption- the fuel gauge would drop at the same rate of the speedometer going up when punching it :P That regular cab got to be kind of small for those in a family way, and I had to let it go.
    Mine has the 350 FI. I've owned it a long time. Over the years I've had the auto trans overhauled, elec fuel pump in gas tank replaced, trans cooler lines, brake calipers and wheel cylinders, radio, dist, intake manf gaskets and all the common wear items serviced. Still only has about 150K miles on it. I have a better truck with a rear seat but it's a 4x4 and wifey can't climb into it. Rough for me too even with the running boards.

I kept the old truck due to having so much $ tied up in it plus I knew what had been replaced as far as dependability. I kept it just to use as a work truck. My better truck has a bed cover so it is a pain hauling some things in it.

I also have a Chev Kodiac 6500 dump truck that is way too much truck for me. I need to sell it and use the $ to convert the 8' bed of my '90 into an elec/hydrolic dump bed. Then I would have the perfect truck (for me) for hauling and taking loads to the landfill.

6. Default

I saw an image a while back where they used 2 folding stock AK's with the stock partially folded to jump a Land cruiser with a dead battery somewhere in the middle east! They even had then reversed for "Polarity"!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...t-car-two-aks/

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    I saw an image a while back where they used 2 folding stock AK's with the stock partially folded to jump a Land cruiser with a dead battery somewhere in the middle east! They even had then reversed for "Polarity"!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...t-car-two-aks/
    Good one.

Another reason our gov't is pushing for EV's.