Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting statistics tonight

There are 4 members and 2,266 guests. Wonder how many members are here but not signed in.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

I didn't realise the non contributors numbered so many.
    The political forum rarely sees a new thread, and the
    gun-talk isn't that much better.
    The board has known busier times.

3. Default

2000+ Feds, UN, CCP and NGO trolls eavesdropping?

I do think a part of the membership not on board is due to the holiday. However, if you folks are not aware of it, the figures I quoted can be found at the bottom list of our Forums. I usually check it each time after I sign in to see who from the membership is online.

If you look at the membership number and compare it to the one for active members, it amounts to about 3% with something to contribute. Might add that the discussions that were very common concerning a firearms history based on serial number and stock markings is pretty well gone. The exception seems to be a new member might be asking for info on a recent purchase or someone trying to establish a value before they purchase or to sell off one from their collection.

The heated discussions are all absent. Those were the ones with strongly different views. I suppose they have come to their conclusive end over the last 10 to 15 years. Nothing to discuss anymore on the specifics of collecting and the heritage of the firearm. Although the discussions were heated, as a by stander, I found them not only entertaining but informative and exciting. Possibly we have become to civilized.

Hope you fellow posters remember some of the "good ole days."
    Last edited by JohnMOhio; 12-24-2023 at 02:56.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

5. Default

Most of the "guests" are simply search Bots.

Also posts pop up sometimes from folks who have been members for several years but posted only a few times, like under 30-40 times total in 5 - 10 years; or old time members who were once very active who now only post selectively on certain forums.

It would be nice if some of the sometimes posters would post more often on the gun forums but it's a free country after all....
    Last edited by Art; 12-24-2023 at 06:50.

Personally, I can't see the point of being on a forum
    and not joining in. I guess if you don't join in means
    you have nothing to say. How boring is that ?

Personally I don't believe the numbers, at least some of the time. I've seen the guest numbers fluctuate from around 2,000 to 4,000 in just a day or so. Sometimes I see only one or two members. When I hit the refresh button I see 7 or 10 members. Also, the daily "active members" numbers go up and down with no one getting banned or joining. Some guest never log off I would assume. If not then maybe their shortcut or previous visit keeps showing up as being logged on.

Overall, sure, we'll always have more guest (lurkers) than members viewing but I feel the system has a glitch at times.

One thing that concerns me, just a bit, is how dead the specific gun forums are. The Christmas Eve I posted an interesting (to me) video on the Swedish Model 1896 Mausers. I actually thought about where to post it for a while because I figured if I posted it here it would get more view than on the Mauser forum. Well the right place for it was the Mauser forum where its gotten 18 views 2 or 3 of which are probably mine form correcting stuff on it. I can't help but believe that posted here it would get more looks.
    Last edited by Art; 12-26-2023 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    One thing that concerns me, just a bit, is how dead the specific gun forums are. The other day I posted an interesting video on the Swedish Model 1896 Mausers. I actually thought about where to post it for a while because I figured if I posted it here it would get more view than on the Mauser forum. Well the right place for it was the Mauser forum where its gotten 18 views 2 or 3 of which are probably mine form correcting stuff on it. I can't help but believe that posted here it would get more looks.
    "The times, they are a changing".

Guns of our era are mostly gone and our era is vanishing/dying as well. Young people have no place to shoot,. Few have interest or places to hunt. Guns of the newer breed are just for protection so the history, the workmanship, the quality, the design, etc has little interest.

Kids and young adults mostly associate todays guns as being lightweight, will shoot millions of times w/o reloading, available in pink, made of pot metal and tupperware.

Many of us old farts already know what we need or want to know about our guns and guns of our times. The newer generations can refer to literature or YouTube videos if they have questions. A new Glock will probably last them a lifetime due to simplicity and the fact it will probably never be shot.

Guns now represent politics.

Our generation is dying off.