Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer

Default Beer

The subject of beer came up recently. I'm just adding to it a little. While not much of a beer drinker and have to watch my gluten intake I bought these for my son the other day. I wondered why someone didn't combine beer with wine---I guess this may be a start.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. A little sweet, a little cherry. Anyone but me tried them?

"They're so good I can drink ONE of them".
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

Can you get Dogfish Head or is it only a Middle Atlantic thing?

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    I haven't noticed it down here but used to see Boston, a company they bought out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogfish_Head_Brewery

Never cared for the wheat beer. Just have an occasional beer, and then it it Shiner from Shiner, Texas.

Watched a U-Tube video about people that collect rare bourbons. They go on trips visiting liquor stores looking for hard to find bottles of bourbon. One guy didn't even drink, but collected.

Maybe my nose just isn't fine tuned, but they can smell the bourbon and smell chocolate, vanilla, orange, apple, etc. They all smell basically the same to me.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I've been making my own beer since 1990, about 340 five gallon batches in that amount of time. I just put together a batch of Oak Barrel Bourbon Porter. My "old reliables" are typically, A Belgian Ale...I try to clone Corsendonk or Orval, a really good IPA that is not way to over hopped like the commercial stuff is these days. Something similar to say a dogfish head 60 or 90 minute beer. A Scottish ale that has a smokey peaty taste.
    Years ago I made a "pam adams" (named as such to not encroach on Sam Adams Boston Lager). After about 2015 or so I bought a 6 pack of sam adams boston lager and I thought "they have changed and cheapened this". then I thought, well maybe my tastes have changed, I bring out that old recipe and compare. Turns out they didn't change anything tastes very close to the "pam adams boston lager"
    I still buy micro beers as I am always looking for something special. I'm not into the cherry "creek" type beers.

Blog Entries

I Started out drinking budweiser,, then had a few Heinekens, and a Grolsh after I got married and jumped on the import and micor brew train and rarely step off it,

I wil have a Miller High Life or a Modelo Negro once in a while but generally speaking, the majority of what I drink is Ales, and preferrably English

we have a pile of good microbrews here in RVA, and in VA as well,

I have not really liked many German beers, a good Berliner Wiess and a Marzen or Octoberfest is about my limit,

I think the Belgians do a better job with the Wheat ales,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I Started out drinking budweiser,, then had a few Heinekens, and a Grolsh after I got married and jumped on the import and micor brew train and rarely step off it,

I wil have a Miller High Life or a Modelo Negro once in a while but generally speaking, the majority of what I drink is Ales, and preferrably English

we have a pile of good microbrews here in RVA, and in VA as well,

I have not really liked many German beers, a good Berliner Wiess and a Marzen or Octoberfest is about my limit,

I think the Belgians do a better job with the Wheat ales,
    Don't really care for the wheat beer myself. I just like the added cherry flavor.

Went to the store yesterday and bought some. So it IS available way down here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Don't really care for the wheat beer myself. I just like the added cherry flavor.
    Get a bottle or 2 of Troegs Mad Elf,
    or Ommegang Three Philosphers,

much much ,, and much better than any SA products

Blog Entries

DFH has an Alehouse near the gunshow I will be at this weekend , and has a delicious menu,

one of the local conveneince stores near the hotel sells DFH 60 and 90 minute in 24oz cans
    one of each, and make an Alehouse 75 which is an excellent blend (pour the 90 and 60 in one glass)