Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No more Heroes, just whiney illiterates ...

"This is the Army Mr Jones
    no private rooms or telephones"

That old song is right and that's what annoys
    the Gen Z brats. That Woman looks stupid and
    if she wrote that message, she's also illiterate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-recruits.html

Let's hope we don't get into a scrap.

2. Default

OHIO.

[QUOTE=barretcreek;656192]OHIO.[/QUOTE

WOW

4. Default

Well it IS the "Daily Fail" as many Brits call it to be fair.
    But yes I can see that.
    Its not new, But it IS far more widespread though.

Back in the early 80's I worked as a ship's photographer on Cruise ships. We worked for an independent company "Ocean Pictures, (Cruising) Ltd", not the shipping line, "Cunard". We had to wear a "uniform", pretty relaxed though, white pants, white shoes & "Color of the day" shirts that matched the line's color of the day, which rotated red, white, & blue. Other than that it was pretty much up to us. When on shore excursions & so on or at things like poolside events we could wear anything like shorts & Bermuda shirts. All of this was known before you joined the ship so you could purchase suitable items. White "Levis" were fine.

I got a new to the job assistant, replacing my old one who'd been promoted & given his own ship. On his first day he arrived & unpacked, then, instead of coming for the orientation, very informal a tour of the ship & facilities & visit with The Captain to introduce yourself. Unlike Star Trek" you don't "just wander on to the bridge".
    We met the captain (actually the Ship's Master, a sort of Super Captain, he can actually override the company on nautical matters.)
    The newby went off on a rant, in front of the bridge officers ON THE BRIDGE to the Captain.
    "HE WOULD NOT WEAR "UNIFORMS" AS HE DISAPPROVED OF REGIMENTATION"!
    & then left without being excused.
    I was given this, neatly framed by The Captain! I still have a copy as a prized possession, & told to present it to the newbie.
    master capn god.jpg

Some of what they say is true. There are members of the Armed forces on food stamps, and that is a disgrace to us!

The need for food stamps I lay at Biden's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    The need for food stamps I lay at Biden's feet.
    it's been that way a long time -- back to the '60s.

8. Default

A big part of the problems with today's military is all the married losers who enlist because they get a package of family benefits that no civilian employer offers and for whom
    "It's just a job." I saw a video on YouTube , showed a female E-5/Army, whining and crying because she's been assigned to Basic Training duties and "It takes her away from her children." And the singles are complaining that they get all the weekend duties.
    Last edited by blackhawknj; 12-19-2023 at 05:11.

I remember back when Bush started his Iraqi war. Those who were in the military reserves were called up. Many complained that they didn't want to serve because they just took the job for money and never expected to have to do anything. Some, who were on the payroll claimed it was against their religion to fight in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I remember back when Bush started his Iraqi war. Those who were in the military reserves were called up. Many complained that they didn't want to serve because they just took the job for money and never expected to have to do anything. Some, who were on the payroll claimed it was against their religion to fight in a war.
    It is for this reason we have firing squads, as Lennie Slovik found out.