Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cost of Shooting Club Membership

A few months ago somebody was asking about the price of a shooting club membership

I just renewed my membership this afternoon and the price was $570 Canadian or about $420 USD

Our club is all outdoors but most of the ranges have covered shooting benches.

We have rifle ranges at 50, 100, 200 and (a small number of spots) at 300 yards. We have two pistol ranges (one with covered shooting points) and an archery range. I don't shoot shotgun and am not sure of the correct nomenclature but as far as I can understand, we have 5 stand, skeet and trap

My membership is for rifle and pistol but not shotgun

Given that it is an outdoor range I no longer shoot in the winter but there were a number of people with shotguns there today, perhaps because it was not all that cold

I pay just under $300.00 for my club membership. There are 200, 400 and 600 yard ranges plus three bays, one is 40 yards, pistol and rimfire only and the other two are 50 yards, pistol, rimfire and anything you can shoot on the longer ranges. Firing points are all covered and have benches, though the benches are widely spaced on the 40 and 50 yard ranges.

My fee includes three guest passes. Guest passes can be used a limitless number of times and are a real perk. If it was just me and no guest passes membership would be about $250.00

Sounds a little pricey to me. With everything going up in price I can see people dropping out of membership. In my neck of the woods we have ranges--I haven't priced them lately and I'm sure they have increased but there are limits to what people will pay before asking to shoot on someone else's property.

4. Default

I just renewed.
    $50.00.
    skeet & trap
    25, 50, 100, 200 & 300 yd all outdoor all covered.
    Club house with DIY kitchen facilities.

I pay $75 annually . . . .

Rifle, Handgun, and shotgun (Trap only) . . . .all outdoors.

Ranges up to 200 yds. (At 82 yrs., I only shoot at 100 yds.)

I shoot at Big Hollow shooting range near Sperry, Iowa. All ranges are outdoors; 25,50,100 and 300. All firing lines are covered. Cost is $35 per year. No range officers tho.

Blog Entries

$75 a year,

discount cause I am outside the 80 mile or so radius tot he club (basically 1/2 price)

indoor range,
    clubhouse
    skeet/trap fields
    archery 3D range
    300 yrd rifle
    100 yrd rifle
    50 yrd Bullseye and an action pistol range,
    and 2 bays for plinking , steel and Full Auto,

assorted competitions thru out the month

8. Default

$75/year plus work bond. Clubhouse, Indoor pistol, outdoor pistol, tactical/steel/LE, skeet and trap,200yd rifle with enclose benches. Also belong to trap club hour+ away. Nice clubhouse, one self activated field, sells components. Food. $75.
    State has a long range facility off the interstate.

9. Default

Sounds reasonable to me. Figure in insurance, maintenance, etc.

For 25 years it was $50 yearly
    25, 100, 200, Trap Skeet, Cowboy,
    Fishing, Club Bar (After shooting)
    No full auto. Coffee in the shack.