Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where I used to work, they had a small range for free. 25 and 200 with a large dirt berm and woods beyond that. Also, there were a couple of shooting benches on a slab and covered shed. It was simple but nice and nice of my employer. Now that I'm retired it is too far to travel to shoot. You could have fired a full auto here with no one knowing.

Ranges close to home did run $100 per year (no coffee or other extras) but I have not used them nor priced them lately. One limits 50bmg use. The other does not.

what you pay depends on what your club offers, how much land they OWN vs lease among other things.. My club, which is about 14 miles just outside of Philadelphia, has just about everything you might want in a Gun Club. I said ALMOST... Hi power range is limited to 100 yds. and pistol only has 50ft, 25 and 50 yd positions.. no 7 yd positions..
    Dues are about 200/yr for an individual.
    We have about 5000 members, and even with that the ranges are Rarely crowded. Open 7 days a week from 9am till sunset. Closed Good Friday.

I was president of this club in 2004-5 and if I could give any advice to anyone else that is managing a gun club it would be this. Your dues are too low, you don't have enough members, and you don't have enough land.

Here is is. https://dcfsa.org/
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Mine cost $8,000 -- more than 50 years ago. I bought the land, and can shoot out to 1,000 yards.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

when I lived in Scottsdale AZ the Scottsdale gun club cost me 275 a year (indoor range, 25 yards, actually 70 feet they added a new backstop) and that is if you pay up front. YOu got to shoot 60 of their bullets in a full auto weapon on your birthday. You could shoot up to 7.62 nato in there (no steel bullets).
    Here in TX. Indoor ranges are somewhere between 550 to 600 a year. It if go and pay for just the time it is 20 to 30 per hour depending on if it's rifle or pistol and I get a senior / military discount between 11-1 pm during the week so it is only about 11 bucks an hour. You can shoot rifle or pistol (no steel bullets) and NO shotguns.