Default Never forget...........

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Default US Navy ships that were at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th

Here are some of the US Navy ships that were at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th.

The ships had their own postmark/cancellationsdscn3185.jpgdscn3186.jpgdscn3187.jpgdscn3188.jpg

Dad was on the Nevada. His job once the ship got under way was to monitor output shaft bearing temps. Knowing well what was going on outside, he said it was a less than comfortable feeling "but you had to do your job no matter what". He stayed in the South Pacific for the rest of the war. SW

4. Default

Now I understand why collectors want cancelled stamps.

Some of those ships got their revenge at Leyte Gulf
    They "Crossed Nishimura's T"

Default Navy 1903 ?

This rifle came from the CMP South Store around 2007 or 2008. my friend found it and told
    me about it. I told him to buy it for me, I it was was $500. Came from VFW or American Legion
    but still had a nice bore.P1010022_0018_018.jpg

serial number is among USN rifles barrel is dated SA 3-18 with W.E.S. and BA JS markings
    on the stock.P1010033_0029_029.jpg
    Last edited by RCS; 12-07-2023 at 07:54. Reason: add photo

Gather up some of that never forget and prepare or notify someone that there is trouble of some sort coming. Don't be the guy that says, yeah, I saw em and that's it(and I'm sorry to say, I've done that).
    Real war(well, my kind of scenario). takes some time. It's not a three month or three year story. Did you ever build a fort? That could be snow, dirt, tree house or foxhole. It's a start. It's what you do when your 10. Problem with trouble is; well, you know, the usual trouble with trouble. You have to look for it. If it just jumps out at you, you're not prepared but you rise to the occasion. Do you think all of the time travel and other nonsense the Gen Y or thereabouts have been watching hasn't twisted them some? All we can do is sit back and be alert. But what do the clerks in a war do? Open the gates. It's easy. The lazy SOB's. It makes for good relations and it's painless. Do you think it's "Americans" on the north side and the "migrants" on the south? Beep. It's all migrants and a few beauties left over. It's "our" fault, we, well I mean our women are smart enough somehow to get abortions. The "others" just crank them out. "Ban abortions"? They should be insisted upon. I'm in trouble. I'm sorry to bust in on this day after, but it's kind of related.
    Last edited by dryheat; 12-08-2023 at 01:38.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.