By the weekend I should have my first batch of 2,500 trimmed and ready to load. To do the rest I am going to have to do some things different. I load on an ancient 550B and have made some modifications to the machine to make it easier for me.
First off was to switch out the spent primer cup with one that has a tube connected to the base and the cup is much larger than the one supplied by Dillon. The Dillon one would allow spent primers to escape, and I was constantly emptying the darn thing.
The other thing was to add ball bearing rollers to the star to make the plate easier to turn and less powder spillage. These two are the only improvements that I have to the machine since I got it back in 86 and at least 1/2 million rounds done. All in all it has been a good machine and continues to give good service.
The other thing I need is a thumb guard as my left thumb gets sore from reloading as I do. Now, I am also going to invest in a Lyman prep center to do the deburring to save me getting carpal tunnel syndrome. Open to any other suggestion.
Sam