Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A wolf talker (safer than being a bear talker). It might work a little, but it's not your native language. But, a devoted domesticated dog is close to being civilized. They should be treated nicely.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

If you treat a dog badly enough, you can make it mean and dangerous. Any dog, really. That said, a mean, dangerous pit bull, rottweiler, mastiff, etc. is more dangerous than a bad Pomeranian.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    If you treat a dog badly enough, you can make it mean and dangerous. Any dog, really. That said, a mean, dangerous pit bull, rottweiler, mastiff, etc. is more dangerous than a bad Pomeranian.

jn
    Agree, and female's seem to be more protective and apt to attack.

For some dogs it is an instinct though. The 2 Sheppards I mentioned were well loved family dogs.

I've only been bit once on the job. The lady opened the door and a little poodle nailed me.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Dogs. What to say? My dogs have been sweet and precious. Buster was a little terrier. Shep was a (surprise) German Shepherd who I loved from 2nd grade up to my senior year of college. Many years later ... Hershe was a Scotch Terrier that we got for my little girl. Guess how she got her name? Molly was a pure bred Heinz 57 who thought she was a prissy English Pointer. I got her on Easter Sunday morning 2004 when someone threw her out of a pickup truck. She landed in the front yard of the parsonage. She died in my arms in the Summer of 2021.

Dogs. Again, what to say? If all dogs were like the ones that have been a part of my life, then I'd be inclined to think that there really are dogs in heaven. Sadly, lots of dogs are not like the ones I've loved. Lots of dogs wind up living like characters in a horror story. And, not surprisingly, they act like it.

My heart goes out to this lady who is not maimed in direct consequence of a dog owner who utterly failed the most basic obligation of a dog owner ... to love and care for his dogs. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."