Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I live way back in the hills, in a deep valley in the Ozarks. I tell visitors, "When in doubt, go downhill. When your CD begins playing 'The Ride of the Valkyries' You know you're on the right road."
    My wife hates when I WATCH the Germanic opera, "That NAZI music!"
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    My wife hates when I WATCH the Germanic opera, "That NAZI music!"
    Sam
    Everything is political nowadays. One of my favorite groups is the 2nd South Carolina String Band. When people criticize my choice I just point out that Sergeant Richard Kirkland was the Angel of Marye's Heights who brought water to the Union wounded at Fredericksburg was a member of the 2nd South Carolina and the whole regiment helped him by forming a human change to fill canteens and pass them forward.

3. Default

Oh, when camping in The Ozarks (N.Syamore creek, off season)
    I found "Dueling Banjos", Played on Mountain Dulcimers Made In Mountain View. Were perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    Oh, when camping in The Ozarks (N.Syamore creek, off season)
    I found "Dueling Banjos", Played on Mountain Dulcimers Made In Mountain View. Were perfect!
    You were only about 20 miles north of me.

Santa Baby is kind of nice, and fun to play with its flatted blue notes. It was a hit for Eartha Kitt way back when, 1953? It is one of the band's Xmas holiday parade tunes, so I've played it a hundred ti9mes and am not tired o0f it yet.

jn

Blog Entries

I will agree to the "personal taste" but when someone elses "taste" is blaringt at me and I am forced to listen to it, it becomes not. Especially now that the wokies, not to be confused with Wookies, have banned religious songs, and have new butchered versions of the old songs. I always return "Happy Holidays" with "Merry Christmas".

Also "Thank you for your service" has become VERY trite, to me. It gets returned as "Don't thank me; remember those that didn't return, and vote for those that will honor them". Always takes the other person back, some will re-thank me, others, just mumble away. Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on Jesus' time.

You can't beat Christmas Carols with full orchestra and choir.
    Christmas Songs I can do without.