Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hotel California

Just listening to the song again and I feel like "we" are there and don't know it.
    Sam

Blog Entries

yall may disagree,,,,, but I think that song, Stairway to Heaven, Freebird an a few others should be put in a museum ,, and never played again,

flame away

And sll copies of Jingle Bells should be shot into space.
    Wait; that might make the Aliens mad.
    Drop 'em into a Volcano.

I also like Wagner!
    Sam

All a matter of personal taste~ which really shouldn't matter at all to anyone else, and doesn't mean a thing at all.

Personally, the acoustic 12 string lead intro to the O/P's song is still interesting, and actually has roots in real classical music.
    That being said, for the rest of the song, not really so much, which like I said above, is purely a matter of personal taste.

I worked in a place for over three decades where the christmas music would start piping in at mid november. Some of it got to be a real grind.
    There's a few exceptions though- Old Bing's White Christmas was at least tolerable, and I still feel no need to shut it out. Likewise the choir version of Hark! the Herald angels Sing. All of which may be a simple matter of reverting to childhood, but who cares anyways...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    And sll copies of Jingle Bells should be shot into space.
    Wait; that might make the Aliens mad.
    Drop 'em into a Volcano.
    Did you know that Jingle Bells was not intended to be a Christmas song?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    All a matter of personal taste~ which really shouldn't matter at all to anyone else, and doesn't mean a thing at all.

Personally, the acoustic 12 string lead intro to the O/P's song is still interesting, and actually has roots in real classical music.
    That being said, for the rest of the song, not really so much, which like I said above, is purely a matter of personal taste.

I worked in a place for over three decades where the christmas music would start piping in at mid november. Some of it got to be a real grind.
    There's a few exceptions though- Old Bing's White Christmas was at least tolerable, and I still feel no need to shut it out. Likewise the choir version of Hark! the Herald angels Sing. All of which may be a simple matter of reverting to childhood, but who cares anyways...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    agreed on the personal taste,

to each his/her own, I am sure all have a song that when played on the radio they instinctively reach over and change the channel,,

for about 20 yrs or so I was in a department that we could play a radio, (out of the public, in a backroom or closed off area) so we did, (had to hide it now and again from the big wheels

so I only had to listen to the musak christmas stuff when I was on the sales floor,

learned to tune most of it out when i became store management and had to be on the floor ,,

I'll have a blue blue blue blue blue Christmas is one of my all time favorite songs anytime. Great band, but I'll nearly twist and ankle to snap off Freebird.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Christmas music? Some is just boringly ... boring. A whole lot of it is O.K. Some ... absolutely outstanding. Year by year, I find a lot that is well worth playing, sometimes repeatedly. Not hard to ignore the bad and focus on the good. So, sincerely yours and to all ... Merry Christmas! bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    I also like Wagner!
    Sam
    I live way back in the hills, in a deep valley in the Ozarks. I tell visitors, "When in doubt, go downhill. When your CD begins playing 'The Ride of the Valkyries' You know you're on the right road."