Default An old all time movie quote.

I just saw the old western movie The Professionals on the Grit channel. I remembered the quote that ended the movie from the last time I saw it in the 1970s,

Grant angrily turns to Fardan and says, "You bastard!", to which Fardan retorts: "Yes, sir, in my case an accident of birth. But you, sir, you are a self-made man."

One of my fave movie quotes is from Mountain Men. When Brian Keith was asked if he'd ever been lost, he replied, "I ain't never been lost! I was powerful confused for a couple months once, but I wasn't lost!" SW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I just saw the old western movie The Professionals on the Grit channel. I remembered the quote that ended the movie from the last time I saw it in the 1970s,

Grant angrily turns to Fardan and says, "You bastard!", to which Fardan retorts: "Yes, sir, in my case an accident of birth. But you, sir, you are a self-made man."
    one of the best movies,, all star cast and done very well

Some of the western movies of that era were DOA. That was most certainly not the case with The Professionals! One of my all time favorites. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

From the movie Top Secret (1984).

- Nick Rivers: Hillary. That's an unusual name.
    - Hillary Flammond: It's a German name. It means she whose bosoms defy gravity.
    - Nick Rivers: I'm pleased to meet you. My name's Nick.
    - Hillary Flammond: Nick? What does that mean?
    - Nick Rivers: Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving.

I know a little German. He's sitting over there.

Doctor Flamond: If they find out you've seen this, your life will be worth less than a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen; 11-27-2023 at 09:30.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    From the movie Top Secret (1984).

- Nick Rivers: Hillary. That's an unusual name.
    - Hillary Flammond: It's a German name. It means she whose bosoms defy gravity.
    Not descriptive of a politician I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Not descriptive of a politician I know of.
    Different last name. In her case it would stand for "airport wind socks on a calm day".

8. Default

Best line evah! & I can't remember the movie!
    I remember the actor as Jack Elam, but I may be mistaken. The closest I've found to the plot is "The Ballad of Cable Hoague", but he's not in it, so I'm probably mis-remembering it
    A semi-comedic Western. He's a miner that's been claim-jumped & left for dead, but isn't. He's rescued & nursed back to health by the "saloon girls" who've been thrown out of one town & are moving to another. He's living in the new saloon/house of ill repute.
    The killers hear of him & are coming to finish the job, but the salon girls are warning him.
    Scene:
    He's coming down the stairs wearing red long johns, cowboy boots, a battered hat & a gun-belt. The "madam" is trying to talk him out of a suicidal gunfight against 3 brothers who are claim-jumping gunslingers.
    The line is:
    "A man's got to do, what a man's got to do!" puts his arm around 2 of the girls, turns round & starts back up the stairs, saying, over his shoulder:
    "and after that I'll just shoot the sons of bitches"!
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 11-29-2023 at 04:38.