Blog Entries

Default The Future of this Forum

so,

we are good for another 3 years,
    as in the site has be renewed, and is good to go,

after that, do we keep it going?

serious question here,

Pat asked me this question in an email a few days ago,
    she had told me in the past that as long as the Major's legacy was maintained, I could do what I wanted on this site,

and I promised her not to mess with that at all,

so the question is,

do we continue? or is it time to let the site go?

no need to panic, not going anywhere now, unless there is some catastrophic site failure, (doubt that will happen,, since the bots have been prevented from joining,)

so I am asking, what do you , the membership, want to do?

some random thoughts,

I am not a software geek, everything I have learned here has basically been trial and error re the software,
    I have access to sysad stuff, I think, so that may change, (for me, not you) but I have no plans to change much if anything,

I was told we could open up the forum to advertisers, that may be enough to pay for itself over the years, , but do you want Ad's on the site?

tell me what you think,

in this post, or email at rlc1903@gmail.com

Just throwing stuff out here or thinking out loud.

The last time or the only time Pat asked for money I believe it was $250 for 3 years so it's costing about $100 per year to operate here. Not much money especially when you spread it out but there aren't many of us left here either.

If we go to advertisement I would rather see it go to the form of sponsors like we had before though some of them got irate that we weren't buying from them and the forum wasn't reaching out to others who would buy. Still, at $100 per year (spread out) sponsorship would not cost them much. Anyone interested will do their own research and find there's not a lot of traffic here but cost should be super low.

I don't want to see pop-ups or other forms of interuption type advertising.

Overall, I would like to see this forum continue as self supporting if we continue. We can't require or force people to contribute because I feel the IRS will get involved and see us as making a profit. I may be wrong but I think it would bring attention and cause books to have to be kept for taxes or proving we don't have to pay taxes. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

A lot can happen over the next 3 years but we need to have a game plan.

Continue

This forum is my first 'go to' forum. Please keep it as it is. Pop up ads irritate me to no end!

I vote to keep ‘er going as is.

I come to this site every morning and routinely throughout the day. For that privilege, I can pay. $300 to keep the site up is not a big deal. Count me in for whatever is decided. If I can afford it, I will pay up. Otherwise, I'll need to step away. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

we are already paid up for the next 3 yrs,
    cost was $335. and I covered it, I would expect it to go up a few dollars next time like it did this time, but then again the site host gave me a discount of 10% since I paid on the phone,

no donations needed, etc etc,

this will be a long term conversation, so take your time and think it out,

and thanks for the input so far

I agree with the others with one exception and that is this thread be made into a sticky. This forum is like the old days, and I enjoy and learn much from it. I will do what I can to help with this site and those who are here.
    Sam

I would to keep it going. Let me know if I can help.
    Tom

Keep it going, will donate when needed.On it every day.