Thread: A new worry

Default A new worry

A friend of my wife's lost her dog to a coyote. Dog was let out for the evening stroll and was nailed. Dog was older and a small breed, friend is devastated that this happened. I don't anticipate this problem as we have a pit bull and I have two wolf hybrids. I now have my A1 with a 30 close at hand just in case of problems.
    Sam

Thanks for the reminder. As the world continues to overpopulate with no boundaries the wildlife habitat gets squeezed into our lands and us into theirs plus we provide food for them in the way of our pets, livestock and fowls.

When I had my little one (small breed dog) I watched him or was in the yard with him. My concern was for coyote's as well as hawks, snakes, wasp, other dogs, rabid foxes, etc. I even wrote threads here about it. In your case I feel your dogs are safe from the description given but would still try to let them all out at the same time. A predator is less likely to tackle 3 dogs vs just one.

Those of us who have cats should take extra notice.

-My concern was for coyote's as well as hawks, snakes, wasp, other dogs, rabid foxes, etc.- That's a lot to worry about.

My old girlfriend had a couple of little chuwawas(figure it out) and when a coyote swooped down on them, and picked one up, she yelled, 'drop that dog'. The Yoty dropped the dog. Maybe he figured, I'd rather have some rabbit.
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-20-2023 at 07:35.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.