Default Saturday coffee Nov. 18

Chilly here @ 0500 with frost to chisel off the windshield. But away we went. Last weekend of centerfire deer season. Saw "orangies" into McRonalds and Mini-mart loading up on snacks and caffeine sludge. My neighbor 2 doors down and his son were getting ready last night - putting 4 wheelers on a trailer & such.

They usually have deer the 1st weekend but no dice this year. Too early for the old fart coffee club guys to be hanging around waiting for the gro to open - a neighbor who always goes was up though. He NEVER misses old fart coffee.

Publisher sent a fresh writing assignment, so I'll mess around with that later on - work on the fuel truck model kit a little - it's not far from done. The worst part was the undercarriage - very detailed suspension and running gear. If I remember to take a camera downstairs, I'll try for a pic later on.

For now, it's do a couple house mouse chores for wifey and be quiet so she can sleep in. SW

Got to this late today~ smarfling around about chinese lenses on another b/b.

There are a ton of deer around here, even in the city. IIRC, the rifle season has been extended a week.
    I can't ever remember seeing this many deer around for the 3rd year in a row now.
    Numbers may be becoming a little high for sustainability- some of the mature bucks being seen are sort of smallish for white tails.

On the football side, the Bombers have taken the west final for the 4th year in a row, which is at the very least a franchise and conference record.
    They will face an up and coming Montreal Alouettes squad for the Grey Cup late afternoon tomorrow.

Thawing out 1/2 a frozen Lake Trout for supper tonight. There's a good 4 or 5 lbs of fish meat there. Just simple filet and pan-fry with some onion rings...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

Nation's Gun Show this weekend,

up in the Dulles area till tomorrow night,

good show so far

Big weather change north of here? Yesterday afternoon I saw thousands of Canadian geese arriving. Probably looking for a place to take a drink and rest up a bit before finding a recently picked corn field. That's what several hundred were doing just a bit ago. I like lesser Canadian geese - they look like mallards in a tuxedo! SW

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragoons View Post
    Big weather change north of here? Yesterday afternoon I saw thousands of Canadian geese arriving. Probably looking for a place to take a drink and rest up a bit before finding a recently picked corn field. That's what several hundred were doing just a bit ago. I like lesser Canadian geese - they look like mallards in a tuxedo! SW
    Not yet, but it is forecast with-in the next 72 hrs or so. We've been hovering just above the freezing mark for almost a week now. Real winter chill is supposed to arrive sometime tuesday/wedensday. I think possesion limits have been expanded on dark geese hunting. There numbers are getting very high around here.

That Lake Trout went over extremely well for basic cooking. It knocked me and Mrs. out for quite a while.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail