Default Archaeologists Find 24 Bronze Statues in Tuscany

Archaeologists Find 24 Bronze Statues preserved in Tuscany for 2,300 Years

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/newth...=newthread&f=2

Well,
    that was boring...

3. Default

The link links back to the link?

jouster in the link should have sent a message. ryg is probably about as smart as me. It takes some swearing to learn how to deal with the net. Some of us are boomers, a long way away from XYZ.
    You won't get arrested for trying fifty times to figure out how it works. When you decide to say screw it that's good. A day later you tackle it again. It's all doable. We will never be real good, but can, with a little help from the XYZ kids. They're likable.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

There's several sites on this article. Here's one of them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63564404

That's a better site then I was attempting to show! Has a bit more photo's.

The interesting question and one that can never be answered is why the statues were buried in the first place. One possibility is that they were buried to hide them from a marauding army that might have wanted to melt them down for the value of the bronze or take them as war trophies. Another is that they were buried to hide them from a marauding wife who wanted them in a divorce settlement. Who knows; But fun to speculate

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    The interesting question and one that can never be answered is why the statues were buried in the first place. One possibility is that they were buried to hide them from a marauding army that might have wanted to melt them down for the value of the bronze or take them as war trophies. Another is that they were buried to hide them from a marauding wife who wanted them in a divorce settlement. Who knows; But fun to speculate
    I've often thought about that too. Since so much is buried I have to think mother nature has done some of this through time, dust storms, wind storms, tsunamis, mud slides, floods, and so forth. In some cased it may where one or a few individuals found things and buried them for themself and never returned. Then I think about that mass Chinese terracotta army buried to protect the dead who are also buried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army