Default Suggestions on 06

Started my winter reloading and first up is 30/06. Will be shooting bench at 50 yds as this is all my range can do. Not paper punching, have steel knock about plate that I have had for several years. I am looking to load lead 150/160 gas check.
    I have a bunch of WC844/46 and looking at a starting load of about 40 grains.
    Sam

Blog Entries

844 is very close if not the equivalent of H355

if you have some old reloading manuals, (like the Lyman/Ideal) they will have some reduced loads for 30.06 (I'd take a look but I am not at home )

you should be able to find a similar powder (not sure how old H355 is) and work up a load,

as always, go low and work up

I use a 'bumblebee' load sometimes in 30.06 using 168 SMK's and 2400

Google "The Load" by C. E. Harris. Extremely effective in 06 as well as a myriad of similar calibers. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Thank you, Gents, I have done the aforement suggestions. For clarification, I am a well experienced reloader going back over 50 years. @ one point I worked at a small commercial reloading shop where we got primers in @ a quarter million along with powder in fiber drums from IMI.
    I quit counting @ 3 million rounds of ammo that I have worked on, so I have a little experience. Our shop had the early 1,000 that Mike first put out and they were fun to align I can attest to.
    Anybody ever convert 45ACP to .44 Special short?
    Sam