Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been watching 'Air Disasters' on my Dish TV. If nothing scare you about flying, this collection of true stories and causes of plane crashes. Seems all crashes are the result of faulty maintenance, pilot error or mechanical failures. First two are the most prevalent!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I've been watching 'Air Disasters' on my Dish TV. If nothing scare you about flying, this collection of true stories and causes of plane crashes. Seems all crashes are the result of faulty maintenance, pilot error or mechanical failures. First two are the most prevalent!
    This is one of my favorites as well. I like to figure out the problem that causes the crash before they announce it.

It shows that no matter advanced a plane may be or how good a pilot is there will always be crashes to worry about.

-she said years ago- That's kind of key. It used to be "papers please". Those days are long gone.

I watch lots of the 'air disaster' vids. They aren't always disasters. Sometimes the crew does a marvelous job of saving the plane. Sully is an example. The worst ones are where companies get so cheap(or broke) that they fake maintenance records. The Alaska crash years ago was caused by lack of grease on the trim tab drive screw. The crew fought for hours trying to keep it in the air.
    I don't worry for a moment about flying. It's statistically safer than driving. I like turbulence. If we go down it will probably be over quick. Anyone who gets in a fight on a plane should be banned for life.
    I guess it should be, starts a fight. Either way.
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-02-2023 at 07:05.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Times have changed. Both of my daughters have kept their maiden name although in both cases, their husband's name is easier to spell and pronounce