Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flying Commercial Airlines is getting really iffy ...

Biden is hiring Blacks, Hispanics and probably illegals
    in an effort to "diversify" the workforce of air traffic
    controllers. Experience takes second place to equity
    it seems even though several accident near misses
    have taken place in recent months. This follows on
    the tail of his similar program aimed at Pilots.
    My advice is, take your own parachute. Better still,
    go by Bus.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/27/b...otal-disarray/

You can't screw around when it comes to serious stuff. -We hired you because you are black, we're firing you because you are worthless-. You can't play games about this. Not knocking smart 'everyone'.
    Just saw that Indians are crossing the border. Great. I mean it. Indians are smart. OK, time out: Indians from India. Chris was way out of touch. That would be Mr. Columbus. I degress: If Indians make their way over here, good for them. We have enough Haitians and Peruvians. It's like cooking: Less is more. Don't salt the heck out of your dish. Sea Salt is BS (it's just salt). Hold out for the real good ingredient.

Did anyone see the story about the crazy Alaska Airline pilot who was high on magic mushrooms (not sure what that is)? He tried to turn off the engines in mid air.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-30-2023 at 07:10.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I don't fly as I do not have the 'gold star' requiered. So, I'm off to Mexico and I will walk across the Rio and get free flights to anywhere I want to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I don't fly as I do not have the 'gold star' requiered. So, I'm off to Mexico and I will walk across the Rio and get free flights to anywhere I want to go!
    All jokes aside, I just did the "gold star" thing and it was super easy. I took in an envelope with about a dozen pieces of documentation. The clerk lady only asked for 2 or 3. I was out of there in about 5 minutes.

My wife tried for a gold star a couple years ago. I'm her 3rd husband and the DOT wanted divorce decrees from her previous 2 husbands. She is from California and does not have those decrees. Why would anyone save them? Having court records researched would be a p.i.t.a.

My wife tried for a gold star a couple years ago. I'm her 3rd husband and the DOT wanted divorce decrees from her previous 2 husbands. She is from California and does not have those decrees. Why would anyone save them? Having court records researched would be a p.i.t.a.
    Try a different courthouse within your county next time? Make an appointment ahead of time.

Unless your wife has an out of state DL I don't know why they would be asking. I guess it's on their records? Still, what would it matter?

No one's ever asked me for my marriage/divorce status nor my wife.

Well, if you are a woman who has changed her last name thru marridge, then the DOT wants to know who you really are? Of course, us guys keep our same last name forever.

Well, if you are a woman who has changed her last name thru marridge, then the DOT wants to know who you really are? Of course, us guys keep our same last name forever.
    Yeah, didn't think about that. Seems like a copy of the last marriage certificate would do along with her SS verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Yeah, didn't think about that. Seems like a copy of the last marriage certificate would do along with her SS verification.
    Nope! DOT wanted ALL devource decrees!

Nope! DOT wanted ALL devource decrees!
    I believe you.

I spoke to my wife about this and she said years ago when she got a passport to go to Germany it was rejected the first time due to her maiden name changing to mine when we married. She had to re-apply showing our marriage certificate.

It's not fair to women having to change their names when they marry. On the other hand it's good to know that the government keeps track of things. Since they keep these kind of records it would seem we wouldn't have a single illegal, tax cheat, rioter, un-paid parking ticket violater or anything else. Instead, they go after those of us who work or own something so they can fine or tax it away.