Default Today's School kids are all on drugs ...

The poor dears can't concentrate without their Fix
    and their Fixes have dried up. It seems that the new
    drug Adderal is in such demand that it's become one
    more drug that people can't function without.
    Question: why are kids suffering from ADHD. Things
    are depressing but things have been that way many
    times and kids didn't need drugs. I went to School
    during WW2 with bombs dropping which I'd say is
    stressful, yet none of us needed a fix.
    No, today's kids are wussies.

https://thehill.com/homenews/educati...students-adhd/

Lazy parents who can't take a minute out of their busy day. Hey, I'm watching the View, keep it down.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I have to say Whoaa! There are a lot of todays kids that are really sharp and have never taken an aspirin. My grand daughter was the #1 student of her 7th grade class (140 kids) and both her and my grandson have black belts in Taekwondo. She also plays the violin and her brother plays football!
    Last edited by RED; 10-28-2023 at 08:29.

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I have to say Whoaa! There are a lot of todays kids that are really sharp and have never taken an aspirin. My grand daughter was the #1 student of her 7th grade class (140 kids) and both her and my grandson have black belts in Taekwondo. She also plays the violin and her brother plays football!
    Which doesn't mean all the OTHER kids are straight arrows.

You find what you look for. If you want to believe the world is getting flushed down the toilet, you'll hand around toilets and you will see a lot of flushing going on. If you want to believe all is fine with the world, you'll see a lot more that will persuade you the world is a nice place, even if you see things that are not fine. For my part, I don't hang around toilets. And, I don't ascribe to a Pollyanna view of life. I do tend to look up. Sometimes, looking up is the very best way to deal with the ups and downs of life. My first grandson was born with problems. Early on we were told he would have problems speaking, understanding, etc. Academically we were told he would need special education, etc. Today, he is eight years old. He walks and runs like a deer. He is in 2nd grade. School thinks he would do well in 4th grade. Testing has placed him in the 99th percentile for math, language, reading. He reads way above grade level, I think its close to 6th grade. He has been placed in a gifted program where he is really shinning. My daughter and her husband together never were willing to just accept the situation. My wife and I were right there with them. He is not typical of all school children his age. Neither are those children who typically get written up as the norm of everyday school life. Same goes for teachers, etc. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."