Default Primed a batch of Starline .223 brass.

Primed 300 new Starline .223 cases this morning before sunrise. Sure like working with this stuff. Whatta Hobby!

Starline .223.jpg

Starline certainly is excellent brass. Thought Lapua was your preferrence. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Primed 300 new Starline .223 cases this morning before sunrise. Sure like working with this stuff. Whatta Hobby!

Starline .223.jpg
    Do you dedicate when you load?
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Do you dedicate when you load?
    Sam
    Define dedicate.
    If you mean for a specific rifle, no.

I learned to reload back in the day from a local lawyer who went to Perry every year shooting his .45acp. He said that accuracy occurs when all your "mistakes" are the same. I am getting ready to load 15/m 5.56 M193 with WC844 and WC846. I start with once fired mixed brass which I:
    deprime, tumble wash, swage, resize to minimum, trim to minimum, VLD chamfer, trim flash hole of any punched brass to create a uniform flash point. Now comes the fun part where I segregate first by headstamp, then using a bell curve to weight.
    I load in lots of 1/m to maintain consistency and I buy my components accordingly.
    Sam

Got out in the rain this morning for a final test of my load for Starline .223 brass. 73 gn Berger bullet over 23 gn of Varget set off with BR-4 primers. Decided that this really needs a dozen shots to settle down in a clean barrel. First 4 shots started out just under an inch to the left and as things warmed up they moved right into the X.
    Now, with the rain I can go down into the shop and load the 250 new cases that I have primed. Whatta Hobby!

10 29 23.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 10-29-2023 at 06:42.