Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Default If you don't reload yet, you might consider it

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

If they control the ammo companies they'll also control the components.

On the bright side, the Czechs are probably the most gun friendly people in Europe, outside maybe the Swiss. They sell a lot of ammo here as well as a good many quality firearms. Their firearms possession laws, for a non US country are pretty darn liberal...in a good way. For example, the Czechs have a legally guaranteed right to self defense, and to use firearms to enforce that right. While a license is needed to possess firearms obtaining the license is cheap and about as difficult as getting a driver's license. The license allows for the concealed carry of firearms for self defense and over a quarter of a million Czechs have concealed carry licenses, 2/3 of all firearms owners, really high for a country with a population of under 11,000,000 people. So, while I'm not happy with this sale, it could be worse. The Brits could have bought all those ammo companies.
    Last edited by Art; 10-24-2023 at 07:48.

I reloaded for nigh on 30 years for mostly obsolete BP
    military rifles. You have to reload for those. Everything
    I shot including somewhat more modern smokeless I
    reloaded - everything was with my cast bullets.
    Those cast 223s look really cute. I even had a kit for
    reloading 22s but never did it.

Blog Entries

like Art said, the Cz's are not gun or ammo shy,

and as an American I got prepared during the clinton stupidness, so I have plenty of supplies for the calibers I reload

Buy loaded ammunition in the calibers you use ... and calibers that will work well for trading, etc. Buy components ... especially primers as well as of course powder and projectiles. Of course have brass available. All of this will allow you to ride out the economic and political ups and downs that are routine in this era and which can reasonably be expected in the years to come. For my part, I learned a hard lesson in 2008. Later, with WalMart dropping ammunition sales, learned some more. Nowadays, pay attention to heads up announcements from folks who find good deals, etc. Earlier this year was able to find Rem. green/white box 125 gr. JHP's priced about like 9mm. Bought a case. Now, can't find any .38 ammo anywhere close to that price. Same with primers, powder. Oddly, can find rifle and pistol bullets at sometimes reasonable prices. How long that will last ... anybody's guess. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I've reloaded ammo since the early 60's. Cost about 2 cents per round to reload .357 mag back then. Back then I cast my own bullets from wheel weights given to me free.

Cost wise what I'm seeing is you can find deals on bulk ammo about as cheap as primers.

I know many of us have old stock of primers and powder but as that stock gets used or loaded we do have to replace it.

I realize all the advantages to reloading but the cost of primers and powder needs to come down more.