Default Saturday coffee Oct. 21

Up @ 0430 as usual and out the door! 39 degrees so a couple of people I usually see out walking early were gone. Only place open was McRonalds, but no customers - just two early shift kids messing around with their phones. Got yard stuff done this week. I probably won't mow again, but there are leaves to deal with soon. Also got house mouse stuff done for wifey. Hit the range yesterday - time to load more 223 later on today. Load x39? No - I loaded up when it was still around 20 cents a whack and grabbed a full wooden crate.

So for the moment Flop Ears and I will be quiet so wifey and grand daughter can sleep in. SW

Up a little later today- the garlic pasta I made last night was a bit of a knock-out :P .

Looks like the river is being drawn down a bit early this year. I really should get out and try for walleye at least once more before freeze-up. Forecast for today is scattered showers. Supposed to get a clearing break tomorrow, so hopefully will try then. Water is awfully low already, so I may have to relocate for fishing.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

out of town at a tiny gunshow just outside Warsaw VA

Winter is truly coming - possums are out foraging to survive the winter. One foraged in our back yard last night... it didn't survive. Flop Ears put the big bite on it. Several big bites! Younger daughter gets them on her farm, too but she leaves cat food out. Possums go bonkers for cat food.

Got all ambitious and trimmed big branches from the walnut tree out front. I had visions of them getting loaded with snow and crashing down on the street. No worries with that now. Feeling kinda sore from that this morning so I better just take it easy today. A somewhat legit excuse for once!
    Last edited by 5thDragoons; 10-24-2023 at 06:04.