Default victory timing help

hi I am seeking a longer than standard hand , pawl for a WW2 S&W K frame victory,
    3 cylinder lock up 3 due not,
    does anyone make a new hand or pawl /
    or is there a way to stretch the pawl without breaking , the pawl as it is is case hardened,

please post

You do have a problem. Parts for these old guns can be extremely hard to get. You might check with Gun Parts (Numrich.) There are gunsmiths that could make you a new hand are pawl but the price would probably be prohibitive.
    Last edited by Art; 10-22-2023 at 07:30.

Since the lockup is OK on some chambers but not others wouldn't that be caused by wear on the ratchet?

Other parts sources may be ebay or a complete kit (less frame) from gunbroker.

Don't know about S&W, but Colt hand can be stretched slightly. Grind and polish a chisel to a slightly rounded surface 1/4" or so wide. Use a smooth surface on something heavy enough not to move. Give the hand a few sharp taps with the chisel without bounce.

Have no idea if it will work on the S&W or not.

Jack First ... This might help ... https://jackfirstinc.com/index.php?r...y&path=402_453 Also post a question at S&W Forum. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

About 18 years ago I called Brownell's to order a hand for my old K-38 , the gunsmith that I talked with advised me to order
    the oversized hand for my K-38, which I did order. Worked out fine all these years.

I have two new S&W M&P ratchets if there is any interest ?