I mentioned in the Carbine Forum that I was going to equip my wife's Inland M1 Carbine with a red dot sight. After doing some shopping I settled on the Holosun an have to say I am not disappointed. The sight has three reticle choices, a 2 moa dot, a 6.5 moa circle and a 6.5 moa circle with a 2 moa dot centered in it. For the purposes it will be used for I settled on the 6.6 moa circle with the dot in the center. It is also an exceptionally clear and bright optic .

The sight is aluminum alloy with the optic and other essentials surrounded by a titanium hood. It appears very robust indeed. Power is supplied by a solar panel in daylight with battery backup. Battery life is 20,000 to 50,000 hours depending on reticle choice. It has a "shake awake" feature meaning it shuts down automatically if it goes a certain amount of time without moving but at the slightest motion it turns on relieving the user of the need to remember to turn it on if surprised.

The company claims the optic is sighted in at the factory to which my response was "yeah right." To my surprise when I took it to the range to sight it in the first shots were about 2" high and 2" right at 25 yards so I had only to make the most minor adjustments to bring it right on target at 50 yards.

Now to cost. These sights can be had for $300.00 to $320.00 drive out if you shop around. It's not exactly cheap but frankly I wouldn't want to live on the difference between it an Aimpoint that would cost over twice as much or an Eotech holographic that also will set you back a lot more. I think this sight will prove to be a lot of "bang for the buck .