Thread: Range time!

Default Range time!

Decent day and chores caught up for once so away I went!

I had never sighted in the dot on one of my Evil Black Rifles so today was the day. Surprised the heck out of me! "Where the dot glows, the bullet goes." Doc questioned how the riser geometry would affect shooting, but I don't find it that much different than the carry handle sight system. Group shot @ 50 yards - casual rest - my reloads.
    IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

I noticed the Ely Club 22 ammo I bought a while back and gave it a try from my Ruger with Hubble sight. I meant to test it against Federal Match but of course forgot it. Very mild ammo but functioned the Ruger 100%.
    IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Pic of the Game & Parks range south of town. Great ROs!
    IMG_0321.jpg

Also shot my Albanian/Chinese SKS - nothing remarkable with it. Minute of bad guy, and that's about it. SW
    Last edited by 5thDragoons; 10-20-2023 at 11:45.

Looks like good shooting with both, especially the .22 pistola. Well done.

Someone put a bit of effort into the berms. Looks well maintained too.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

The state built the range from gambling money. Full time RO, too. People used to shoot in public hunting places, but too many boneheads took an old TV or similar junk, shot same to pieces and left it lay. Those are all posted against target shooting now with a hefty fine. Small fee to shoot here which is fine with me! SW

Ah ... any time is the right time for range time! Your experience w/ the red dot replicates that of many folks. Big reason such sights are more and more popular. They just work. At present, I do the scope deal w/ my rifles for hunting. Strongly looking at green/red dot for my pistols. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."