Default complete Garand trigger groups

originally came from the CMP about 20 years ago.. One is WRA and the other SA

What would be a reasonable asking price for these? Both are in excellent condition.

He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Anything Win goes for more. I don't think yours is totally complete (correct). Some Winchester trigger housings are sought after because they were never modified for the round safety. Your's looks like it has the round hole instead of the clover leaf. That makes a difference (better). If it still has a "large pad" now your talking. SA is pretty common. -12's seem to sell well if fairly correct. I'd say a average SA group would go for $50-60. Your Win housing might get $50-75 or so on it's own. But having a mixture of other parts on it doesn't help much. I could be off a little on those figures.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-17-2023 at 09:52.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Default first M1 rifle trigger housings had no pad

While on the subject of trigger housings, the first hundred or so produced had no pad and are
    quite rare. the reason the pad was added because of the momentum of cocking the hammer
    necessitated a reinforced buffer or hammer stop. The drawing number was not changed when
    the large pad was added to the housing. Most of these large pad trigger housing were modifed
    during rebuild to have the smaller size pad for the round top safety which entered service in 1940P1010013.jpgP1010014.jpgP1010011.jpgP1010012.jpg

Blog Entries

if you have an ebay account, use advanced search, sold items,
    and you can see what they sold for recently

Good information from RCS. I didn't know there was such a thing as a no pad trigger housing. I hope PaFrank's trigger housing is "the one".
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-17-2023 at 09:55.

i don't get it... what exactly am I looking for and where? can it be seen without disassembling the trigger group?
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Sure. A Winchester group will have W.R.A. on the housing. The hammer will be marked WRA on the side, not on top like all other brands. The safety has a different shape than SA. The trigger guard will be marked WRA. The trigger won't have anything stamped on it except maybe a tiny letter A. The odds of having all those correct parts are pretty slim. All this stuff can be looked up with some detective work.
    A -12 SA trigger housing should have a -3 or -5 hammer. The trigger guard is forged, not stamped. Early safeties are C46008 -6 or -9.
    I think that's about it.